Nuna looked over her shoulder to see Peter struggling at trying to get his Puffskein, a custard-colored creature covered in fluff, to eat the baby carrot in the blond boy's hand.

"Just eat it, you little git!" Peter complained at the pet who would roll away from the boy every time he would offer the carrot to it. "Take the carrot before I shove it in your ar—"

"Woah!" Nuna said quickly coming to the boy's aid, "back away, you weirdo." Peter grumbled before reluctantly handing the carrot to the girl. She slowly placed the ball-shaped Golden Snidget onto her desk and took the carrot. The bird began to fly around in a haze, annoyed it was taken from its caretaker's hold.

"Treat it like a pet rather than an assignment," the girl explained as she twirled the carrot in her hand. She crouched slightly down to meet the Puffskein's eye level. It rolled onto its back before peaking its head to Nuna. Nuna smiled at the creature making its breathing slow down. She ran her finger against the creature's stomach, making it roll closer to her. She repeated this behavior until the Puffskein was near the edge of the table. There, she replaced her index finger with the baby carrot, showing it was safe. The Puffskein tensed up before relaxing. It slowly took the baby carrot into's its tiny paws and began chewing on it with a satisfied smile on its face. Nuna stood straight up and turned to Peter who held a dumbfounded expression.

"Just like a hamster," she explained with a smile. Peter slowly nodded and watched as Nuna moved over to repeat the same behavior with Marlene's unattended Flobberworm.

Peter watched the girl's innocent behavior and regretted what he was about to mention.

"Nuna..." he began, "I don't know if Sirius told you but—"

"I know you guys know," she hushed while refusing to meet his eye. She played with her Golden Snidget while trying to hold a smile on her face. Peter could see it was faltering.

"Did he tell you anything else?" he tensed up.

"From the way he acted a few days ago when he told me he told you guys, I'm guessing you didn't take it well." She looked up and Peter's red cheeks confirmed her theory. She sighed. "I don't want you guys to hate me for it."

"I-I don't," he lied. He could tell Nuna didn't believe him.

"People constantly told me that it was insane you guys liked me," she sighed. "They told me you guys hated and ignored everyone that wasn't a Gryffindor and I thought that would work in my favor but... I don't know. I've grown to like you guys but I could give less of two shits if you guys don't trust me anymore. Just... don't lie about it?" She stared at the boy with a serious expression that frightened him. "Please just tell me how you truly feel and I'll leave you guys alone." She didn't think it was appropriate to mention that she wouldn't be leaving Sirius alone any time soon.

Peter sighed as his Puffskein crawled up the hand of his that leaned on the side of his desk. He took a deep breath and clenched his jaw. "I don't... hate you."

Nuna was surprised to hear the slight genuine in his voice. "Really?"

"Did I go barmy when I found out? Yeah," he rubbed the back of his neck as the Puffskein laid on his shoulder. "Was I slightly terrified? Yeah. But that doesn't change the fact that before I found out, you were one of my— our closest friends. You still are. So, no matter who you really are, as long as who you really are is still the nice Nuna we became friends with, she's still alright in our book. In my book."

Nuna felt something press against the back of her eyes. "If I could hug you without making it looked suspicious, I would."

Peter winced. "Oh, don't cry. Please. I never know what to do when girls cry."