06 | Bodyguard

The day of the opening night arrives

The day of the opening night arrives. Tae is up early with first night nerves. Jungkook has never seen Tae like this before, he is normally so laid back. Jungkook makes them breakfast, but Tae picks at it in an agitated manner.

    'You ok baby?'

    'Yeah, just a bit anxious about tonight.'

    'You'll be great, I'm sure of it,' Jungkook says reassuringly, 'I'm looking forward to seeing you perform for the first time.'

    'Yeah, it'll be good knowing you're there.'

    'Do you always get pre-show nerves?'

    'Yeah, but once the first night is over, I'll settle down.'

    'Is there anything I can do to help? You need anything to help release that tension?'

Jungkook raises an eyebrow suggestively.

Tae laughs.

    'I should call you "Jungcock", "Cocky" for short, it suits you perfectly!

    'Rude!' Jungkook replies.

    'Thanks, but I think I'd like to swim right now. I'm usually horny as fuck after the first show though, all that adrenalin.'

And he winks at Jungkook.

After they swim, Jungkook makes a light lunch for them both, and again Tae picks at it and eats very little.

    'Is there anything I can do to help Tae? Seriously, I don't like seeing you like this.'

    'No, but thanks for asking. I think I'll just head off to the theatre, I can't settle to anything. There'll be last minute checks to do and I'll feel more relaxed once I'm there.'

    'Sure, do you want to take the Stag?'

    'Yeah, thanks babe.'

Jungkook wraps Tae in his arms and kisses him.

    'I'll get a taxi there tonight and we can drive back together.'

    'Yeah, after the party of course.'

    'Party? What party?' Jungkook asks.

    'The after show party, remember, I said there's always a party after the opening night performance.'

    'Oh yeah, I'd forgotten. Okay. Well, good luck tonight and "break a leg", that's right isn't it?'

    'Yeah, it is, thanks!'