𝙵𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚊𝚛𝚖 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝙾𝚏 𝙱𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍

Art credits: @boz_kun on Twitter

Note: While this is another high-school setting, I made Kanao a second year and Tanjirou a third year in this circumstance. 

-- 

The buzzing hallways were flooded with waves of Kimetsu High students, some fourth years and the majority second years just stepping out of their class, heading to the lockers to grab their materials for the next period. Kanao Tsuyuri, second year at Kimetsu High, felt lost in the crowd as she felt herself merging into the flurry of students and in the midst of it having her privacy bubble invaded. Quickly speed-walking her out of the crowd, she managed to reach the locker area with a huff, placing herself on the locker room bench for a quick rest. Yet, the not so inconspicuous murmurs of her counterpart second-year girls caused her to twist her head in a 180-degree motion, as soon as she heard a specific name. 

"Oh my god have you seen him? He's so hot I swear I almost yelled when he looked my way."

"Who?"

"Tanjirou Kamado of course! The most popular third year out of all of Kimetsu High?"

"Ohhh yeah! I see him at lunch sometimes hanging out with that awkward blonde. Also, the guy who wears a boar mask and likes to shout a lot. Don't know why someone as cool as him hangs out with weirdos." 

"Well, I don't have eyes for either of them so it's not my problem. Gah! Seriously though, isn't Tanjirou just so amazing? He's the top student of his year, the captain of the boys kendo team, and all-around just the most kind-hearted person I've ever met! I once accidentally bumped into him, and even when it wasn't his fault, he asked if I was hurt and walked me to the nurse! It was only a scratch on my knee too but he insisted and stayed with me the whole way."

"Woah, no way. You're seriously a lucky girl Kyo." 

"I know right? Hey, you know his family's bakery right? The one that's a few blocks away from here? How about we meet up there after school and grab something? We can also greet him if he's there working again~" 

The two girls giggled together, unaware of Kanao's presence as they went on gushing over their senior. Well, Kanao's senior too for that matter. Of course many looked up to Tanjirou, girls included, who swooned over him in the hallways and sometimes even approached him at the lunch table, to the boar head's - Inosuke's - disgust. Tanjirou though, being the gentleman he was, allowed the visitors to take their sweet time as they made careless small talk to the third year, rambling on about the most useless things just for an excuse to talk to him. Desperate, Kanao thought. 

That isn't exactly to say that Kanao wasn't a fan of Tanjirou either. Of course she also looked up to him in awe and admiration--she herself was the captain of the girls' kendo team so she already knew a bit about Tanjirou's personality and work ethic. The way he practiced profusely by himself in the training room, practiced sparring with his partner, and was always there to encourage his teammates and hype them up. Tanjirou made a great leader and his teammates loved him. Some of the girls' kendo teammates too, to which Kanao adorned a face of judgement whenever she caught her partners goggling at Tanjirou's sparring, or when he came to speak to them about practicing or splitting up the equipment. Really--these girls--they could be a bit much. 

.. or so Kanao liked to say, just to hide the slight pangs of jealousy she felt whenever Tanjirou ever so kindly responded to the pleas of his fangirls, walking them around and even engaging in their dumb little conversations that even he's fully aware is leading nowhere. His kindness had no limits it seemed, which Kanao was often entranced by. It's really no wonder he'd become a heartthrob among her second-year classmates. 

🎉 You've finished reading 𝚃𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚊𝚗𝚊 𝙾𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚝𝚜 ♡︎ (𝚃𝚊𝚗𝚓𝚒𝚛𝚘𝚞 𝚡 𝙺𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚘) 🎉