Nezuko just kicked the back. She and the tamari demon went at this for a while. It was intense and fascinating at the same time. At one point Nezuko kicked the tamari ball so hard that it flew past the demon's head and stuck to the wall.

"Tamayo-sama, this is..." Yushiro trailed off with wide eyes of shock.

"This wasn't supposed to happen, right?" Y/n asked his voice still a bit raspy but getting better.

"No... No no, that was just a recovery medicine specially made for demons," Tamayo stated, "It doesn't have a strengthening effect to it. This is Nezuko's own power. Even though she has not eaten any flesh and blood of humans... She managed to use her own power to make herself stronger at an alarming fast rate..."

Y/n's breath hitched at the thought of Nezuko being stronger than regular demon even without the help with blood or flesh. He bit the inside of his cheeks in worry that Nezuko might go berserk on accident one day.

Y/n suddenly perked up upon realizing that the other red aura was gone and that the once yellow-orange aura was not back to it's green color. He got up from his seat on the ground, surprisingly quiet and the demons didn't even notice.

Y/n ran around the house to see Tanjiro on the floor crawling on the grass.

"Tanjiro-san," Y/n said in a bit of hush voice.

"Y-Y/n! Y/n are you- are you okay?!" Tanjiro asked as Y/n helped him to his knees.

Y/n nodded, he started to pat around Tanjiro's body checking for any more injuries he had besides the one on his leg, "I should be asking you that, Tanjiro-san. I'm sorry I wasn't able to protect you, you would've gotten hurt if I didn't have my stupid fever."

"Y/n..." Tanjiro breathed out, "Y/n it's alright, you don't need to be sorry, I'm a demon slayer too, and you needed help, so I protected you."

"But..." Y/n trailed off, "But, I'm the one who is supposed to protect you, not the other way around. If I can't do that than what am I supposed to do?"

"Y/n, I can protect myself, you protect yourself, and we can protect each other," Tanjiro said with a kind smile, "We'll both become the best slayers and protect each other from Muzan and other demons, okay?"

Y/n blinked, he soon slowly nodded, "Okay..."

Tanjiro smiled at Y/n. Y/n could only wish that he could smile, he looked down in a bit of shame that he couldn't return Tanjiro's smile.

"Hey... One day I'll be the reason that you will smile okay? I'll help you smile," Tanjiro claimed.

Y/n's eyes shined at the statement, "Tanjiro—"

"THE GREAT ONE'S POWER IS INCOMPARABLE TO ANYTHING ELSE!!" The tamari demon shouts cut Y/n off and surprising the two slayer, "HE IS STRONGER THAN ANYONE!!"

Y/n helped Tanjiro at least walk up to the corner of the house. When there the two could see the whole thing going down as Tanjiro slid to sit on his behind, Y/n by his side.

"KIBUTSUJI-SAMA IS—" The demon cut herself off as she stood there in shock of what she had just said, she started to panic and ran to where Tanjiro and Y/n were, "PLEASE FORGIVE ME!! PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!"

Tanjiro's eyes widened at the begging demon. Y/n raised a brow wondering why the demon was so panicky, since he had already seen a pleading demon before.

"PLEASE PLEASE FORGIVE MEEE!! AAAHHHH—"

Y/n eyes slightly widened when he saw a pool of black in the red aura building up. The black color was like the one Muzan had when they had first met.

Getting the idea of what was going to happen, Y/n shielded Tanjiro from the gruesome sight by holding him to his chest.

"Don't watch, no one should be watching such a horrible death," Y/n claimed.

Tanjiro didn't move, he just hugged Y/n back. He didn't want to see the bloody scene in the first place.

The sound of blood, flesh and bones being crushed and broken could be heard. Tanjiro held Y/n closer.

Y/n felt two cold arms wrapped around him. He blinked in surprise, knowing who it is.

"I'm sorry we couldn't protect you," Yoriichi mumbled with an apologetic face, "We just couldn't do anything... I'm so sorry, Sabito is sorry too..."

Y/n only blinked. He held Tanjiro closer to him, kinda wanting the sound of the bones and flesh to stop.

"It's alright," Y/n mumbled so that Yoriichi could only hear, "It was my problem to deal with, it was my fault for getting sick and being weak. You and Sabito-san don't need to apologize for any of my mistakes that I make."

Yoriichi held Y/n and Tanjiro close, "No... that's not what I mean... Please, just accept the apology, even if you don't mean it...." He sounded like he was about to cry.

Y/n clutched Tanjiro's haori as he did the same, "Okay... I forgive you. You and Sabito-san."

"Thank you..."

——————✧ ◦ ✦︎ ◦ ✧——————
[A/n: I would like to thank
@RICEB00
For the ADORABLE fanart

——————✧ ◦ ✦︎ ◦ ✧——————[A/n: I would like to thank@RICEB00For the ADORABLE fanart

LOOK HOW TINY IT IS
I LOVE IT!]