2nd Failure: Introducing the Protagonist's Family

Start from the beginning

"Ah! Ah Jiao's now here - !" it was Chen Jing.

They're in the Chen Mansion. He turned, his face dark as he finally saw them. There was a loud screech when they all stopped running towards him when they saw him.

"Ah Jiao - !" Chen Qing exclaimed as she covered her mouth, crying. "What happened to you? Who bullied you?" she asked, shocked.

"Ah Jiao..." Chen Jing said, his face pale.

"Did somebody bully you? Give me their address – " Wu Fan said, his face dark.

"My darling Ah Jiao..." Sun Yi said, his eyes narrowed as Wu Yuan comforted him.

Zhu Jiao turned to Wu Fan. This doting sect... he thought. "Yes. Hell, Legislative Department first room on the right and the last table." He answered, referring to Mu Bo.

Mu Bo was the one who asked him to work as a demon hunter.

"Mu Bo..." they said, their face as dark as the cloud hovering only in their area.

"Yes." He said. "Hell King Dui Zhi was the one who asked Granduncle Bo to ask me help the hell." He told them.

They all froze upon mentioning the name of the hell king.

"Ah Jiao, why don't you take a bath first?" Wu Yuan, the calmest of them all, told him.

Zhu Jiao shook his head. "I'm on my way to Xinfaxian, uncle Yuan." He said and bowed as he glanced at the still frozen Chen family. "If you could please, send me directly there..." he told him and forced a smile.

Wu Yuan nodded and snapped his fingers. A second after and Zhu Jiao finally saw the stairs leading to Xinfaxian.

Dongfang City – Xinfaxian

He sighed, relieved, when he heard a hundred meters away his grandfathers' voices. "Ah. It seems like Jiao-er is finally here." Fang Wen said.

Zhu Jiao grimaced when he heard the rustling of clothes as he ascends the stone stairs. He passed by the wooden arc saying, 'Xinfaxian', and the surrounding changed.

The stone stair has fallen leaves and petals of the wild flowers adorning the stairs on both sides. He touched the shrub and the butterfly resting on it flew away. This is beautiful in the morning, but more beautiful at night as he turned and saw the city lights afar like stars in the dark hovering above the city.

Zhu Jiao took his time as he gazed at the beautiful scenery before him. He's already 22 years old, yet he still hasn't found a stable job. He works as a part-time model, a part-time exorcist, a part-time actor, part time stuntman, part time photographer in the morning. At twilight, he works as a part time tutor. And at night and later hours, he works as a demon hunter.

He sat on the bench made for the lost travelers in their mountain to rest. The trees behind him gave him a feel of security and he closed his eyes for a moment's rest.

"Jiao-er. Jiao-er!"

Zhu Jiao opened his eyes. He saw Feng Mo and Wu Bai smiling at him.

"Look!" Feng Mo said, excited. "They're your mom and dad." He said and smiled as he motioned him to the ice coffin.

He saw two persons smiling at peace, their hands holding each other's hands tightly. They're both wearing white robes, and the other one has a platinum hair with black streaks.

"Jiao-er...?" a voice called waking him up.

He opened his eyes and turned. "Uncle Tian." He called when he saw Li Tian carrying a bag of groceries. He stood up. "I'll help – " he said and stopped when he remembered he's very dirty.