1st Failure: Introducing the Protagonist's Family

First Arc: From Heaven to Hell, and back – Everybody is a family

Dongguan City.

"... tell me... where did things go wrong?" Zhu Jiao muttered, pissed as he walked, frowning, his back hunched while he drags a demon yelling curses at him.

But, even if the demon is making a racket yet the ordinary people cannot see them.

"Let me go, you stinking monk!" the demon yelled.

A vein popped in Zhu Jiao's forehead and his face went dark as he turned to the river demon. "... bastard." He cursed and pulled his leg, then took a deep breath and –

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!" the demon yelled as Zhu Jiao made a twister. "Stop! Stop! I'm the one at wrong! I am wrong - !" he yelled, crying.

Even if the people are looking at him weirdly, but Zhu Jiao didn't stop until the demon puked, and immediately let go of him and he went flying to the wall – head first.

"Is he a cosplayer?"

"A fake priest - ?"

"Beggar?"

"Ugh! He stinks!"

Zhu Jiao's face went dark. Earlier, as he ran after this demon he was tricked and he fell on the canal. Damn it. He cursed and looked at his robes filled with mud and other dirt and shit found in the canal.

Zhu Jiao – 22 years old. A wandering monk. No – I'm just unemployed. He thought. Also, he's not really a monk – just a part-timer. He thought. Well, not exactly a 'monk' but...

He turned and immediately lowered his head when he saw a poster for a beauty product stuck on the wall. It's his face. Compared to that stunning, delicate, pretty face he has as an endorser of a skin care product to what he is now – dirty robes, stinking, unrecognizable face because of mud and other cannot and shouldn't be named things.

"... just where did things go wrong...?" he asked as he sat on the ground, not caring if the people mistake him for a dirty beggar or a homeless man.

He took out his phone covered in a Ziploc bag when he felt it vibrate.

"Where are you?" it was Hao Ren. His face went dark as he wanted to throw his phone, but since he doesn't have anything to change for it, then he forced himself to hold on to it tightly.

Hao Ren is his best friend he met when they were in middle school. He is a nice guy (hao ren), like his name. He's a good influence. Now, he is working as a teacher in grade school and recommended him to be the children's after-school tutor to give him a job after he saw him loafing around their mountain, waiting for the offerings of the worshippers.

He grimaced and turned off his phone. He looked around and saw that the demon still has his head buried on the ground. He stood up and walked towards the demon.

"Uwah! Scary! Who's that?"

"Is it Halloween party?"

"November still hasn't come –"

Zhu Jiao didn't care. He was about to grab the demon when he heard someone yelled behind him.

"Wah!" it was a guy.

"What do you think you're doing?" a voice asked, upbeat.

"I – I was just – "

"You're trying to take his phone, aren't you?"

"What? No – "

Zhu Jiao immediately turned and saw the small plastic bag where his phone is is sticking out of his pocket. He immediately pushed it back inside his pocket.