c96 - Chance to Speak

I called Gerudo over to help with putting things back in order.
The Yellow Numbers' manufacturing ability is surprisingly high. So I'll have them work hard returning things to normal around here.
And though Gerudo was quite upset at having no opportunity to fight this time around, he happily accepted my request.
Thus, they quickly got to work.
The demon steel reinforced tunnels we had built proved unnecessary, so I'll have them fill those in as well. Since demon steel is very useful, we can't just leave it lying around, now can we.
And that's the thought that made me realize,
Thad I had forgotten about a very serious matter.

「Crap... I forgot about Veldora...」

The moment I thus muttered, the surrounding Department Heads all froze.
They exchanged glances as if seeking advice from each other with their eyes.
The knights looked at us with a face full of suspicion, but we have no time to alleviate their worries.
Now then, what to do...
Whenever I tried making eye contact with any department head, they would turn away.
How reliable! I get it, you hate it.
Well... it is really hard to come up to a guy who was raring to go and tell him「Just kidding, we're done already, all good!」
He'll definitely rampage.
Not that there's another choice here.

「It can't be helped, I'll go and explain. The rest of you return and rest up.
The knights too, take a bath and relax.
Those with ruined equipment will probably need no clothing too...」

The knights looked at me as if they could not understand what I was saying.
Well, I guess bath culture exists only in Ingracia Kingdom, so it's not a surprise if they don't know...
And they probably can't imagine monsters taking baths.
Hmph, prepare to be surprised! Our baths are far better than the ones in any royal capital around.
We have great reviews, so rest up.
As for clothing... Those partnered with Ranga have lost everything but underwear.
To advertise our country, let's give them some of our newly developed
The girls can choose to wear a yukata, so there's plenty to choose from.
Seems like with effort we can eventually restore their armor, but that's impossible right now. Not that it will stay like that for long.
From the looks of it, Shion is also not wearing armor. Though she seems to be able to call up clothing at will.
It's just a feeling, but she probably had some grand battle with the knights.
Those that can't walk are being carried by Ranga's pack.
I decided to leave the knights with Hakurou and had Souei deliver a message to Rigurdo.
Rigurdo can probably manage to prepare baths and clothing for all of them.
Now it feels like we're preparing for a banquet... well, I guess it's fine. I mean, we're always at it anyways, and we recently expanded our fields as well.
It's that, you know? Party after some big event?
I think it's a custom basically wherever you go.
Thinking these things, I ventured off to Veldora.

Afterwards, out of rage, Veldora destroyed the tunnel in an explosion and flew into the sky.
Aiming for the tired Knights from above, he gracefully aimed at them.
He's been releasing his aura the whole time in dragon form, so his anger seemed to have abated slightly.
Good thing I had him release it before he started his assault on the knights.
Basically, this old geezer (not that he is actually) just wants to rampage. He's only dangerous if he doesn't get to unwind once in a while.
I think we'll need to prepare such a place for him for future use.
For us, though, this was all a story we could laugh about.
For the knights he attacked, it was a nightmare.
I mean, imagine being completely drained, and then having a nightmare-like being descend upon you.

「Geeeeh!! Veldora!!」

And,

「Abababababa!!」

They screamed.
What a funny reaction they showed.
I would have loved if you could see it, but I guess I also felt sorry for them.
Well, I wanted to make sure they would not assault us every again, so this might have been perfect timing for his appearance.
Hmph, I wonder if Raphael had also planned this?.. Nah, I guess not.
There's no way Raphael could have predicted this far, so let's not overestimate Raphael too much.
I mean, the fight with Hinata had gone completely according to plan, so this was just a thought I had.
So with this and that, I guess we can close this confrontation story by saying that it was our complete victory.