1

"What are you waiting for?! Step on it!" Santiago shouted as he slammed the door behind him after hopping into the backseat of the red Pontiac. The driver rushingly stepped on the gas causing the engine to roar alive while they drove away from the location. Meanwhile a man in a zoot suit made from a grey wool tweed scramble out the building doors chasing the vehicle with a revolver aimed at the back of the car as he spun the barrel and blasted a few rounds resulting in a few scratches and a hole that managed to puncture the trunk. He happened to run out of breath as he placed both hands on his hips while looking up at the clear blue sky as he threw his fedora down on the ground in defeat. A young boy with tan skin, curly black hair that was slicked back, and nicely dressed in a brown short sleeve cotton button-up paired with khaki slacks stuck his head out the window.

"SPAGHETTI EATING MOTHERFUCKER!" The young man hollered while flipping off the gentleman in the distance. Santiago began shaking his head while letting out a chuckle. The boy plopped beside Santiago as the driver let out a sigh as he looked up at the rearview mirror briefly before returning his eyes to the road ahead. "You know Half Pint...hollering from windows like that after each mission risk blowing our cover knucklehead." The driver's tone sounded stern as Half Pint's cocky grin quickly formed into a frown. "You know Ace, instead of ragging on me all the time you should keep ya eyes on the wheel instead of those books..." Ace was a freckled face man that looked older than Half Pint, He had pale skin, dark brown hair that was parted to the side, and kept a marigold in his left jacket pocket. Ace was taller than Santiago and Half Pint as he stood at 6'0" causing him to have the inconvenience of his head hitting the roof of the car.

His voice was husky and monotone that paired nicely with his Brooklyn accent as well as causing him to sound more intimidating than he should. Ace inhaled through his nostrils while giving a glance in the rearview mirror with a look that could melt steel. He exhaled before he let out a peep. "You are so lucky...I'm driving now..." Half Pint jerked his head towards the front seat with his eyebrow raised as he began to crack his knuckles. "Or what? You know the bigger they are the harder they fall...and you aren't an exception to a knuckle sandwich.."

Santiago let out a sigh while the two bickered. He pinched the bridge of his nose as his head hung low. The volume of Half Pint and Ace increased until Santiago slammed his fist on top of the suitcase as the two fell to silence. "Won't you both stop with all this bickering? you're giving me a headache..." Half Pint crossed his arms and shifted his body towards the window as his jaw began to quiver and Ace veered his eyes back on the road. Santiago leaned back into his seat caressing his forehead with his eyes closed while taking a deep breath before exhaling.

They pulled in front of The Velvet Cape as the roar of the engine became curbed. It was a 2 story beige club building with a sign vertically dangling below the entrance titled "VELVET CAPE CLUB" in all capital letters that would be illuminated during the night. Santiago was the first to exit the Pontiac with a briefcase in hand as Ace and Half Pint followed eventually catching up to Santiago. Santiago has an ivory complexion, straight dark brown hair that was slicked back, and looked around his late 20s to early 30s with slight stubble on his face and eye bags from lack of sleep from his diligence to put food on the table for him and his peers.

Santiago stood around 5'9 or 5'10 being average height paired with his stocky build and captivating green eyes with a gaze that could kill. He donned the finest jewelry and red suits being the attire of choice from maroon to crimson. But there is one item on his coat that stood out, The Esmeralda. An emerald pendant encased in rusted sterling silver. Half Pint ran past Ace sucker punching him in the arm. "SUCKER!" Half Pint was left cackling after his snarky remark while passing through the entrance walking ahead of Santiago and Ace. Santiago chuckled softly as he walked alongside Ace as shook his head. "What am I gonna do with that boy." Ace held his arms as he took a deep breath while looking ahead, being vigilant of what was around so he wouldn't smack into a wall.

"You should put his rowdy behind in school." He mumbled as he ducked while walking through the entrance. Santiago turned his head while walking beside Ace as he caught his side comment. "And what? Give more people a hard time?" He spoke sarcastically with a grin upon his face before returning his view straight ahead while walking through the entrance. A woman with strawberry blonde locks styled in victory rolls was behind the bar counter and had a cigarette between her lips flipped the top open of her lighter, attempting to spark a flame. Santiago turned his head towards her with a smile. "Aye! No smoking in my club!" He spoke in a teasing manner. She chuckled as she tucked the cig away behind her right ear and stowed the lighter into her skirt pocket. "Why good afternoon to you too Santy."

Half Pint leaned on the bar counter as she began to shine up a glass. "So...Hoops when are you gonna let me take ya out for a spin hm?" Hoops set the glass down on the counter as she looked up at Half Pint and chuckled. "Maybe wait a few years and...grow a few inches. Then come back to me." She chuckled as she poured a shot of whiskey in a shot glass. Half Pint sucked his teeth and grabbed the glass from the counter and downed the whiskey till the glass was clean. He firmly placed the glass back on the counter and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. "The height seems to go somewhere else and you can be one of the many lucky ladies to check it out." Hoops grabbed his glass and lightly shoved him playfully. "You pig..." She turned her back walking towards the glasses. Santiago and Ace walked upstairs as Ace walked behind Santiago.

"Let's go, Half Pint, leave Hoops alone will ya?" Ace motioned Half Pint over as he headed up the stairs as Half Pint walked away from the bar while walking backward and flashed a Cheshire-like grin towards Hoops. "You know you love me." He pointed his index finger at Hoops for a brief moment before bolting up the stairs surpassing Ace and catching up to Santiago. 3 other men were on the second floor as 2 of them were playing pool and one was seated at a stool near the coffee table with a black silk cloth draped over. Half Pint ran through the door as Santiago walked in after, Ace followed...