{ 𝐎 𝐍 𝐄 }

Start from the beginning

Upon hearing Sienna's request, Zahaan agreed without giving much thought to her words. He was used to meeting up with friends or classmates after class, and to him, his meeting with Sienna tomorrow was nothing but the same, so he spoke further and confirmed their meet-up.

"Yeah, no problem, we can meet up after class tomorrow, and you can tell me whatever you want. And thank you so much for coming to the game; I hope you enjoyed it. I will see you soon; I should probably head back to the guys."

Squealing in excitement, Sienna approached Sahar and told her everything that happened in the ten-minute conversation she and Zahaan shared. The duo then planned everything out for tomorrow and were eagerly waiting for a new day to begin.

Just as an evening filled with anticipation ended, an exciting brand new day began. Today was the day Sienna would confess her love to the man she was irrevocably in love with.

She was nervous yet excited for this special moment she has been waiting for forever, and all she hoped for was nothing but happiness.

The journey from her home to her university wasn't that long; it took her twenty minutes exactly to reach her campus grounds. Upon arriving on campus, Sienna met up with Sahar and went to their perspective classes.

As the day progressed, Sienna's nervousness increased with each passing second; however, she started feeling unwell throughout the day.

During one of her classes, she felt nauseated and was on the verge of throwing up, and then in another class; she felt like her head was about to explode.

But despite everything going on, Sienna brushed it off as jetters due to the big day and went about her day, patiently waiting for her and Zahaan's meeting.

Soon the time had arrived for their meeting, and Sienna was waiting for Zahaan near the library garden. During the entire time, Sahar accompanied her best friend and gave her all the support and motivation she needed.

As the duo awaited Zahaan's arrival, Sienna felt sick all over again, her face looked ashen, and she was on the verge of passing out. Sahar instantly took charge and assisted her best friend in every way she could.

Even after multiple attempts, Sienna wasn't getting better, and after the constant persistence of Sahar, the duo decided to head to the hospital.

Upon reaching the ER, Sienna was immediately seen by the doctors and was taken up for multiple tests and lab work. After conducting, every test ordered by the doctor, Sienna and Sahar waited to receive the final test results.

The clicking of heels broke the duo's trance as a doctor approached the two and broke the daunting silence.

"Hi, Sienna Arya, right? I'm Dr. Amelia Shepherd, head of the Nero department. I have your test results, and I wanted to discuss them with you."

Nodding her head in agreement, Sienna urged the doctor to continue further, whom she now knows as Dr. Ameila Shepherd.

"Sienna, I have looked over your test results, and I had seen a few abnormalities; that's why I had ordered further tests to be conducted, and one of the tests was a head CT as you may be aware of."

A considerable pause had drowned Sienna into great anticipation as she waited for Dr. Ameila to continue.

"Sienna, you have a malignant brain tumor; in simpler terms, that means your brain tumor can be cancerous, and from the location of the tumor, as of right now, it is inoperable.

As your doctor, I would advise you to start treatment immediately to prolong the time you have left. I know this is a lot to take in, and I will give you a few minutes to let everything sink in; you can call me in whenever you are ready."

Sienna was shocked to hear the biggest truth of her life. The day she was supposed to cherish in happiness, turned out to be the day she found out she didn't have much time to live.

Life had played a cruel game with her, and nothing could've prepared her to come face to face with the truth. But now, it was a battle between life and death, and only time could tell which one would consume Sienna whole.

»»--❖--««