seven

𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 : 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬❝ we'll stay forever,forever more

𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 : 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬
❝ we'll stay forever,
forever more. ❞
— ʷᵉⁱ —

ᵕ̈♡˳೫˚∗

"again." the choir sighed as chanhee sat on top of the table and pressed a key on the keyboard repeatedly. "the sopranos were flat, the altos faded in the background, what the fuck were the tenors doing and the basses just sounded like they want death."

sangyeon nodded, glancing at the clock and noticing that it was almost time for their showcase. he ran a hand through his hair, trying his best to remain composed while jacob tried not to show how disappointed he was, plastering on a neutral expression. but on the other hand, chanhee didn't give a flying fuck about whether or not they got irritated at him - why would he when the reputation of their choir could be damaged by a single bad performance?

sangyeon had tried to argue with the aesthetics committee that there was no way they could come up with a performance in such a short period of time but they didn't listen and now, sangyeon could practically feel his hair turning white (or it could've been the bleach he used to dye his hair beforehand but that wasn't the point).

"well? again," chanhee said, playing the note again and closing his eyes to listen. as their voices filled the room, jacob tapped chanhee lightly on his shoulder, chanhee turning to look at him.

"some of them are lip syncing," jacob whispered, subtlety pointing at a few people who were just opening their mouths, the words not even matching their mouth shape. "do we call them out for it-"

"stop." they all kept quiet, some fidgeting in their places while others dared not make eye contact. chanhee hopped off the table and walked forward, jacob trying to stop him but sangyeon holding jacob back as he shook his head. chanhee folded his arms, glaring at all of them. "you know what, let's just scratch this song out yea? we clearly aren't ready for it anyways."

some people raised their heads, a look of relief evident on their faces but when they saw chanhee's glare, they immediately looked back down.

"take five everyone!" sangyeon yelled, chanhee walking back to them and sitting back on the table. "that means we have an extra 3 minutes if we scratch that song out," sangyeon said, taking a sip of his water.

jacob looked at their song list and pouted. "it was our last song too but it's impossible to get this perfected and now the ending is kind of underwhelming-"

"unless...hey chanhee, do you remember the solo you did where jacob accompanied you with the piano?" chanhee choked on his water, coughing so much that jacob had to start patting his back. "that performance made everyone in the crowd tear up-"

"i'm not doing that," chanhee aggressively whispered. "this is a showcase not a cry fest for the emotionally unstable."

jacob stared at chanhee with large puppy like eyes while sangyeon continuously pouted at him, both of them practically pleading that he do his piece from a year ago.