Alessio as promised reappeared but this time with Salvatore on his side. As soon as he showed up Maya knew what she wanted to ask him

"I want to call Nina"

Salvatore nodded "You will in a minute. How are you feeling Maya? Alessio said you didn't want him to call a doctor?"

"It's okay it sometimes happens when I'm nervous"

"How often are you reacting to stress like that?" Salvatore asked and she felt like his cold eyes are staring deep into her soul, he was so observant it was scary.

She wanted to lie and said that it was the first time but she couldn't lie well, especially not in his face, especially not now. So instead, she asked, "Can we not do this now?"

Her mother just died for fuck sake could they for a moment just give her a break?

"Answer me when I ask you a question Maya" Salvatore instructed, he didn't look mad, he didn't try to intimidate her but once again he was ordering her around like it was just something natural.

"I don't want to talk about it right now" Maya muttered, she was so miserable at the moment, too tired and too sad to care if it's wise or not to start mocking her oldest brother.

Salvatore sighed. "I will ask again, have you been throwing up your food before?"

Instead of looking at him, Maya got very busy with tracing the pattern on her sheets, unfortunately, she was forced to stop as he took her chin in his hand and forced her to look at him.

"So what if I did" she could see Salvatore sighting and Gianni swearing under his nose.

"She might need that clinic Simon found," Gianni said and Maya had a feeling he was referring to a conversation they had without her. But the mere mention of being sent to a mental institution was enough to make her panic

"I don't need anything I'm fine" she tried to jump out of the bed but Salvatore stopped her

"Calm down Maya I haven't made any decision yet"

"But-" Gianni started clearly he had something more to say about it, suddenly Maya didn't like his presence in her room.

"Be quiet" Salvatore said and Gianni dropped the issue of her food problems at his command.

Maya wished she would have the same effect
on people as Salvatore had. Instant obedience. It was almost like Salvatore's voice and authority were his superpowers that compelled everyone to listen to his orders.

"Who's Nina?" Gianni smoothly changed the subject

"Family friend" Salvatore explained curtly and handed Maya her old phone with Nina's number on it.

"Can I be left alone for a moment? Please?"

"Someone will come to check on you in half an hour if you don't feel well in the meantime I want you to call for one of us. Can I trust you, Maya?" Salvatore asked.

Maya nodded obediently ready to do anything in exchange for a moment of privacy.

After Salvatore and Gianni left Maya managed to contact Nina who was mourning as well. They talked for hours, not only about mom it was about the Maya's new life with her brothers and Nina's business, Maya's new friends, her cousin Nicole and cute boy Lucas who invited her for a coffee, how she got in trouble with her brothers too often, and how overwhelmed she was with her new life being so different from the one she had with her mom.

"And what are your brothers like?" Nina asked

"Ah... The one who took me Salvatore is always ordering me around actually scratch that they all order me around, he's just the most terrifying of them all. Did you know that mom has been pregnant with twins... twice? So there's Alessio and Diego who are both 18 and Simon and Gianni who are both 17. Alessio is the quiet one, Diego seems to be always angry, Simon is always nice and Gianni is-"

"Gianni is what?"

"Irritating"

"Ouch don't say things like that or you will hurt my feelings little sister" Gianni said playfully and Maya couldn't help but smile as he made a little scene pretending that someone shot him in his heart.

Unfortunately, Maya's smile vanished as quickly as it appeared when she realized what Gianni was holding in his hands.

"I'm not hungry," she said weakly after she said a quick goodbye to her aunt. She could feel that Gianni will be insisting on her to eat something, and she was determined to win that battle.

"I know Maya, but you need to eat," he said with a stern voice, he was serious all of sudden "I know it's hard, but we can't allow you to come back to starving yourself, you will eat all of it alright?" then he was gentle again.

No, it wasn't alright. She didn't want to eat.

Maya just looked away, and she could hear his sight as he put the food on the night table and left the room.

He gave up, good.

Maya soon learned that he didn't give up, he actually came with Salvatore. Fuck.

Salvatore of course did what Salvatore does. He intimidated her.

"Maya if you don't plan to eat food there are other methods of feeding you can finish your meal, or I will ask a doctor to make sure you're getting a proper nutrient into your body"

She sent him a hateful glare and then, she slowly reached for the fork, and without trying to contain her disgust she started consuming food under the watchful gazes of Salvatore and Gianni's.

"Here, happy?" she asked before stuffing her mouth with a piece of roasted potato.

"Satisfied for now" he corrected.

Maya rolled her eyes, this impossible man always needed to have his last word.
_______________________________

Hi guys,
I wanted to thank you for all the love, the comments, kudos and everything. Without your encouragement I would give up on this fic a long time ago, your comments also motivate me to keep updating and developing new chapters.

Love you all, I hope you're enjoying this story so far. As always I will be very thankful if you let me know what you think, if there's anything you would like to see in this story's future chapters let me know <3