schlatt admired wilbur for a moment- and just how the golden sun shined upon his messy curls and defined eyes.

"you are down bad." wilbur mumbled, a smirk spread on his face.

schlatt immediately snapped out of his weird trance to see wilbur was staring back. he saw the trace of a sly smirk- and immediately sat in confusion and embarrassment— for a reason he couldn't place.

"w-what the fuck does that mean?" schlatt combatted.

wilburs smirk only grew into a smile. "oh, nothing."

the man at the register called wilbur's name, signaling he had the ice cream. so he promptly got up and went to collect it.
"sorry sir, we ran out of the flavor you and your boyfriend wanted, so we got the closest thing."

wilbur smiled. "oh don't worry about it." then he paused. "b-boyfriend?"

the man gave him a quizzical look.

"oh, uh, he's not my boyfriend." wilbur choked out, and the man gave an apologetic shrug before paying attention to another customer.

i wish he was.

when wilbur made it back, schlatt had already downed the water.
"you want another one?" wilbur asked, slightly raising an eyebrow that was laced with amused concern.

"no," schlatt chuckled. "i'm good on water."
so wilbur handed him the ice cream cone, almost dropping it in the process, before sitting down.

"what kind of fucky flavor is this?" schlatt asked before even trying it. "i know me and i know i would not get this." he held the cone with suspicion, inspecting the color of the ice cream.

"do you now?" wilbur bantered, not bothering to tell him they didn't actually order it.

"yes, wil. yes!" he then shrieked. "is this a rock!?" schlatt held out a small black crumb of something.

wilbur laughed. "that's a chocolate chip."

schlatts eyebrows remained furrowed at this newfound and mysterious flavor.

after some silence, wilbur decided to keep up the banter.
"are you seriously scared of ice cream?"

schlatt gave him a joking frown. "i'm scared of what's in it."

wilbur groaned, and took the cone from his hand. "scared its poison?"

"quite frankly, wil, yes."

"okay." wilbur protested, and licked a side of it.

schlatt tensed, grounding his posture. "WILBUR!"

all that came in response was a fit of laughter from wilbur, who just found the meaning of comedy by licking your crush's ice cream.

"oh my fucking god, you absolute criminal!" schlatt shrieked, although he wasn't truly bothered, but acted like it.
he grabbed the ice cream from wilbur and ate it in defeat. even the part wilbur had licked.

"y-" will struggled to form words from his amusement. "you're eating it," he inhaled, collecting himself. "you're eating it though!"