/𝘚 𝘌 𝘝 𝘌 𝘕 𝘛 𝘠 𝘚 𝘐 𝘟- 𝘖 𝘓 𝘋 𝘓 𝘌 𝘛 𝘛 𝘌 𝘙/

THE OLD LETTER

The two stayed like that in silence for a few minutes, just enjoying each other's presence.

They were extremely similar, sometimes not believing how the other went through the same thing that they had gone through themselves. It was sometimes scary how alike they were and even how alike they looked. Their personalities were also the same and they even had the same likes and dislikes..

Morgana sighed and lifted her head up from Tom's shoulder, catching his attention. He watched as Morgana started opening the slightly torn-up letter,

'Morgana Belladona Gaunt,
This is a family secret that no Gaunts have known for centuries, but I've figured it out a few days ago:
The Gaunt family ring (which is now lost for some reason) has a stone in the middle of it..
That stone..is the resurrection stone.
Us Gaunts were not only descendants of Salazar Slytherin, but we are also descendants of Cadmus Peverell, the owner of the stone, which he got from death himself. The full story is from the children's book: The Tales of the Beedle the Bard.
—Merlin Gaunt.'

The cousins shared a wide-eyed glance. "Fuck." They both cursed simultaneously, knowing who had the stone at the moment.

"Think he knows?"

"I don't doubt it." replied Tom, "Why else would he wear the ring?"

"True." Morgana mused, "How didn't we know about that?"

"Because we didn't have anyone who read us children stories at night."

Morgana let out a bitter chuckle, her eyes slightly tearing up again, "Yeah.."

He sighed sadly and looked away, while she did the same.

"Would they be proud of me?" questioned Morgana after a few minutes of silence.

"Your parents?"

She nodded, making him continue, "Well I am, so I'm quite certain that they must be as well."

She looked at him hopefully, "You think so?"

Tom smiled softly, "I know so, Belladona..

We are so alike that in the end,
we're both broken by the same stuff we went through. No matter how hard we try to hide and ignore it, it'll always stay that way."