🌞Chapter 9🌻

Flashback

🌞🌻

It had been a week before the end-of-year party. Gulf had been alone in the classroom when he'd been joined by a girl he knew. He hadn't seen her in a while, since she'd been backpacking abroad and hadn't come to classes for some time. She had started to tell him about her experiences living in India for a month. He'd been so absorbed in her stories that he hadn't notice Mew was there until Mew tapped him on the shoulder. Gulf looked up and smiled.

Mew's fine features had been carefully schooled, but it wasn't his usual lack of expression. There had been something hot and hard hidden in the depths of his dark eyes.

"What is it?" Gulf had asked, worried at the unfamiliar expression. Mew only glanced at the girl sitting next to Gulf. A tense silence followed and Gulf's skin prickled with a strange nervousness. What was the suddenly heavy atmosphere about?

After a few moments, the girl had stood. "Gulf, I just remembered I have to pick something up at the school store."

It was as if a spell had been broken. Gulf nodded. "Yeah, okay. I'll see you later."

He watched her go.

Mew hadn't said a word. Without asking Gulf's permission, Mew sat down in the seat next to him. Gulf pulled away without thinking, but it was like Mew's long limbs were giving off a burning heat. It was obvious that Mew wasn't quite himself. Gulf glanced up, and Mew's returning gaze was hard.

"So I can't sit next to you or something?" Mew asked, staring at Gulf. His tone was accusatory, as though he thought Gulf was trying to shut him out.

Gulf shook his head frantically. "No, you can."

"Are you two meeting up later?"

"What?"

"You and that girl," Mew spit out. Gulf had never heard him so agitated.

"No, I'm not meeting up with her."

"But you said you'd see her later."

"It's just an expression. I'm not meeting her anywhere."

Gulf shook his head vehemently, but Mew eyed him suspiciously. Gulf could feel that unwavering gaze burning into him. He returned it tentatively, and Mew frowned. The change in expression made Gulf feel uneasy, and he found himself hurriedly explaining.

"It's true. I haven't seen her in a while, so we were just catching up. She went backpacking, and she was telling me about it. That's all. We just happened to run into each other. We didn't make plans to meet up later. I swear," he said.

Mew blinked and his dark expression finally cleared. He'd been leaning toward Gulf, but now he moved back. The heat that had been radiating off his toned body dissipated.

"What is it?" Gulf asked, puzzled at this sudden change.

Mew laughed a little and then sighed. "It's nothing." he murmured, looking away. His fine lips twisted in a self-mocking sneer, so Gulf hadn't really believed him.

TBC

A/N: Oooh....Mew's jealousy. I love this chapter.