𝚒. 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚠𝚋𝚘𝚢 𝚑𝚊𝚝

ᴺᵒʷ ᵖˡᵃʸᶦⁿᵍ; [ Fever](read in black)

(read in black)

NEW YORK 1963

What the fuck, I thought to myself as I groaned. What the hell did I do last night? I turned over in the large bed and saw a random man in the bed along with the time, 10:23. My eyes widened as I realised I was meant to be in a lecture right now and god knows how far away the building is.

I tried to quickly get out the bed without waking the middle aged man but that didn't go to plan since I fell out the bed and tumbled onto the floor. Luckily he seemed to be a heavy sleeper, I cautiously put on a pink mini skirt along with a white loose blouse I found in his closet since I had no idea where I discarded last nights clothes. I grabbed my tote bag and put as much alcohol from his kitchen as I could in it along with some random cigarettes I found on the side table. I was amazed that he still hadn't woke up and I left the apartment building to be acquainted to the busy New York streets.

After many minutes of looking for any signs of the building and 1 cigarette later, I managed to get to the lecture. Huge groups of people made their way out as I made my way in. "ADDIE!" I heard someone yell from behind me, I turned to be aquatinted with my roommate, Kelly. I put a fake smile on my face as the blonde hugged me, squeezing all the air out of me. "Ok, ok that's enough." I let out an awkward laugh. "Sorry, I just missed you so much. You never called!" She pouted, yeah for a reason.

I stood there for a moment thinking of something to say "Is the lecture over?" I came out with. "Duh" She rolled her eyes as we walked to the dorm, this was one of the most boring conversations I have ever had. "Oo, I forgot to tell you we have a new roommate. Your going to absolutely love her!" She squealed, using hand gestures when talking. "Well is she anything like you?" "Obviously, that's why you are going to love her." Kelly had a slightly hurt look on her face as I rolled my eyes and went back to silence.

I opened the large wooden door to our dorm and as soon as I saw her, my jaw dropped. "Oh my god, Jackie!" I squealed as I threw my arms around her causing us to both laugh. Kelly stood their puzzled, "You two know each other." I rolled my eyes again causing Jackie to slap my arm. "For a couple years now." She had a friendly smile on her face. Jackie raised her eyebrows as she looked at my mess of an outfit, "and who's top are you wearing?" She gave me a smug look as she crossed her arms.

"Some guy from last night." I changed into a halter top causing Kelly to cover her eyes. "Do you have a boyfriend?" Kelly asked which caused Jackie to laugh and check my bag and hold up 2 of the alcohol bottles in there. "I thought you gave this shit up anyway, what happened to 'I'm a feminist and I can earn money on my own' blah blah blah" She rolled her eyes. "I still am, but there is no thing wrong with getting anything the easy way." I grabbed a cigarette from my bag and lit it up making Kelly cover her nose.

------

After some time of reading the chess magazine and 2 cigarettes Kelly came over and grabbed the third one out of my mouth. "Hey!" I grumbled, standing up noticing Kelly pointed to the clock. "Dance." "Oh shit, yeah thanks." I recited quickly grabbing my leotard and getting changed, once again causing Kelly to cover her eyes. I quietly laughed, she's growing on me.

-----

I finally made it back to the dorm after a long time of practicing the ballet performance. Inside the dorm, I saw Kelly wearing a short, flowy orange dress with bell sleeves and swirls and Jackie who was wearing a plain pink jumpsuit with flared bottoms. They stopped all the tasks and looked at me "Were off out, we need to get ready." "Will we get drunk? I'm only coming if we all agree to get drunk." I smiled.

"Hurry up!" Jackie groaned " If you want me to do your makeup get dressed already." I put the plaster over my blister, curse you pointe shoes, and got changed into blue denim jumpsuit with the same heeled boots I had on earlier. "See I'm changed, so do my makeup." Jackie rolled her eyes as she put my eyeliner on and Kelly straightened my hair, putting a white headband on me.

After the short cab ride, we made it to some club type place I hadn't seen before.We were greeted with the smell of booze and loud music. "Uh guys, there is a lot of people here." Kelly shouted over the music, biting her nails. "Which means more men to get us free drinks" I grabbed her hand and took her over to a booth sending her a wink.

"I'll go get us drinks." Kelly smiled which caused both me and Jackie to both laugh. "You won't be buying anything, sugar." Jackie replied pointing to a young aged man in the booth opposite. "Go talk to him, I'm sure he will love you. Don't get too distracted and focus on getting the drink." I laughed at Kelly's shocked face.

Soon enough, Kelly came over with six shots of vodka. "Nicely done" I smiled at her, grabbing three of the full shot classes and having them all. "Bitch." Jackie mumbled causing me to smile as she only took 2 leaving Kelly with one. "Go ahead, drink up." Kelly pondered, "I don't drink." I slightly pushed the shot glass further towards her, starting into her eyes. "Go ahead, drink it." A fake smile on my face.

I noticed a chess board in another booth which immediately caught my attention. "I'll be right back." I announced, swallowing another vodka shot that the man that Kelly seemed very fond of got us. As I walked away I heard Jackie let out an annoyed "Oh, come on!"

I made it to the booth and sat down opposite the very attractive man that was wearing a shirt that was slightly unbuttoned, dark blue jeans with a knife and a cowboy hat on the table, next to the chess set. "What's with the hat." I asked, getting his attention. He wore a confused glance which caused me to roll my eyes. I put the chess pieces back to where they belonged since he had only just finished the last name. "You up for speed chess?" I asked, noticing Jackie and an already drunk Kelly walking over to observe the game that was about to happen. "10 dollars" "20" "It's your money." He shrugged, not knowing who he was playing.

He sighed and gave me 40 dollars since he lost the last 2 games causing Kelly to jump up and down in joy. "Oh my god Kelly, shut the fuck up." I glared at her, rolling my eyes. "Again?" The man asked. "No can do, I came here to get drunk so that's what I shall do." I winked at him as I stood up from the table. "The names Benny, Benny Watts." He introduced himself, "Adeline, just Adeline".

A/N I hope you all liked this chapter, because I loved writing it :)

Sunday 4 April 2021
1275 words