Chapter 34: End

“My special person is Mother!!”

“Ainzart! Really, you’re so cute!!”

Without knowing the horror of those words, Bertia hugged Ainzart. As I watched them, I also caressed Ainzart’s head together with Bertia, with Ainzart still in Bertia’s arms.

“I want to monopolize Mother!!”

While still in Bertia’s arms, Ainzart returned her embrace as he complained with tearful eyes just like a spoiled child.

If you avert your eyes away from the dark background at his back, it will only seem like a child’s adorable willfulness.

At least, if this child is able to have one or two more special person(s), his attachment will be distributed, and I will surely be able to be relieved.

“You can’t, Ainzart. After all, Mother belongs to Father, okay?”

I continued to caress Ainzart’s head while making an explicit statement about who her owner is by kissing Bertia’s cheek.

It is impossible for him to monopolize Bertia.

However, I feel that he’s pitiable because there’s no [special someone] that he can monopolize.

…All the more because I understand the importance of having such an existence for yourself.

“Father~”

As I showed a daunting smile in order to explicitly state, “I won’t surrender her” to my son who was looking at me with a bitter face, he became sulky as his lips tapered to a point.

With my son being my son, and since there is a part of me that has to be considerate as his father, even if I crush his dissatisfaction, I’m not resorting to any tough measure at all.

We might be fighting against each other, but if we lose, then we will withdraw even if we become sulky.

Perhaps, to us as parent-and-child, this process of competing for Bertia can also be said as a part of our communication.

“It will be good for Ainzart to quickly find his own [special someone].”

“That’s why, hand Mother over…”

“That can’t do.”

“I-I’m being fought over by my husband and son!!”

As we looked at Bertia who laughed happily even with her bright red face between us, me and my son made an eye contact and laughed.

After that, while appreciating the blue lily that Ainzart grew, the three of us spent our time calmly as parents and child.

Behind the scene, Kuro, who was fed up with the overly worried Zeno, scratched Zeno’s cheek, but well, that can be called as one of the happy scenes.

***

The battle for Bertia between me and my son, Ainzart was completely turned around when Bertia was pregnant for a while over 10 months.

A while over her 10 months pregnancy.

In short, it was the time when my second child was born.

“Hwaaa… Hwaaaa…”

The second child, who raised her lively voice after her birth was a girl who looked just like Bertia.

Her crying voice as soon as she was born was much louder and couldn’t be compared to when Ainzart was born, and it sounded livelier.