Chapter 33

There has never existed a blue lily in this world before.

Hence, some time ago, after I grew blue roses for Bertia’s present, lots of botanists were interested in making blue lilies, but… apparently, the challenge was solved by my son.

Moreover, the reason he made it was due to his desire to the feelings of wanting to please his mother and the heart to oppose me.

I also thought to let my son’s interest increased even just a little bit, and I was also responsible for it as I talked to him about giving blue roses to Bertia as present and talking about the research development as if I was purposely instigating him. Still, I felt a little sorry for stealing the fun from the botanists.

Shall I try suggesting some interesting tasks next time?

It would be an atonement for we have committed a sin of dominating the botanists for two generations.

“Cecil-sama, what should we do?! Our child is a genius!!”

“Yeah, that’s good. However, even if that statement is true, you will still be regarded as an overdoting parent if you were to say that in public, so let’s not say it, okay?”

I responded with a smile to Bertia who sought my help in a flustered condition.

In the meantime, I took the lily from Ainzart’s hands and put it on the table.

The moment I put it on the table, Zeno’s magic was removed, and it ended up slightly making a noise when I put it there.

In response to that sound, the black fox under the table—Kuro slowly came out, jumping on Bertia’s lap as she corrected her posture on her seat.

“Ah, Kuro! I’ve always told you not to sit on the floor because it’s cold!!”

In her flustered state, Kuro who jumped on Bertia’s lap was then held up in Zeno’s arms.

Kuro dissatisfiedly swung her tail as if she was fed up with Zeno.

Her stomach was… as plump as Bertia’s.

“Why don’t you just stay in your room, really?!”

The figure of Zeno who scolded the black fox with a serious expression was very heartwarming as if he was a pet owner speaking with his pet, but from Zeno’s perspective, it would be unbearable for his pregnant wife to be lying on a cold ground and could even get accidentally kicked.

I’m confident that I would definitely lecture Bertia for around one hour if she were to do something like that.

Well, despite Kuro being in this place with such an appearance, there were also some special circumstances for spirits. In this place, he could only lecture her on some parts without touching that subject.

The concept of [marriage] to the spirits were much more ambiguous than that of the humans, but the two of them had a relationship resembling a married couple in the year of Ainzart’s birth.

And now, Zeno’s child is in Kuro’s womb1.

Ah, it’s more or less excuses, but it’s not like Zeno laid his hands on a little girl, okay?

I hadn’t known it until I got married to Bertia, but apparently, Kuro’s power is slightly weakening during the daytime when the light’s power is strong since she is a spirit of darkness. She is also camouflaging during the daytime, but she seems to have taken the form of a child in order to reduce the power consumption and due to the insufficient capacity.