Chapter 2-- Hope?

Jessi's Point of View

        I woke up the next morning to my alarm, set at 6:30 a.m. The new boys are coming. They're gonna be nice, I know it. I feel it in my bones, as they say.

        I rush out to my bus stop. A tall, muscular black-haired boy sat on the bench. That was one of them. I walked over to the bench and sit down on the far end. My caramel hair hung over my face, and when he looked over at me he raised an eyebrow.

        Two other boys, chatting, came and sat at the other end. "Oh come on Bacca, isn't this weird?" Said the boy with the spiked brown hair. "Yes, fine, it is. Though.. I think its gonna be alright, Benja." Said the other boy, with a different spiked hairstyle, this time a lighter brown.

        The new boys. I was sitting on the bench with the three of them. "So, you guys the new kids?" I asked, stupidly. The black-haired boy nodded, and the other two boys kind of nodded. "Cool. What's your guys' names? I'm Jessi," I said. "I'm Mark," The black-haired boy said, sticking his hand out. I shook his hand.

        "I'm Jerome," The boy with spiked light-brown hair said. "Mitch," The other kid said.

        I laughed kind of. "Nice to meet you. Is it a coincidence that my favorite YouTubers' name are yours?"

        Mitch looked at Jerome and laughed weakly. "Yeah. Just a coincidence."

        "You guys wanna hang out sometime? Call me," I said, writing my number on a sheet of paper for each of them. "Okay, cool," Mark said, smiling.

        The bus pulled up to the curb. Today, Bri and Dani were sitting in seat 13, the back of the bus. I was surprised to see Jerome, Mitch, and Mark follow me until they reached seat 12, the seats in front of us. Mitch and Jerome sat together, while Mark sat on the other side, staring out the window.

        I leaned close to Dani and Bri. "Their names are Mark, Jerome, and Mitch."

        "Are you kidding me?" They said in unison. They say a lot of things like that.

        "Yup."

        "Well, Mitchypoo, you might've been replaced," Bri laughed at me.

        "Hey! Together forever? What happened, Danipoo?" I scoffed, turning away momentarily, then turning back to them and laughing. "Guys, come on! Stop this crap! I'm Dani, Mitch is BajanCanadian. It'll NEVER HAPPEN!" Dani said.

        "Fine. Be that way."

        I turned and looked out the window. This'll be an interesting day!

        When we got to school, I was assigned to show the boys around, since I was an Ambassador and on their Class Teams. I waited in the office while they got their schedules. I overheard that they were all in the same classes, and were in my classes.

        I showed them to their lockers; they were three in a row next to mine, Dani's, and Bri's. I pretty much stayed with them all day. In homeroom, Miss Koch and Mrs. Maurer took us to the gym to play Dodgeball and Capture the Flag.

        I ended up on their team by random. It was like they were sticking with me, too.

        Dani and Bri were off on the other team, chucking foam dodgeballs at me. I looked over at Mitch and Jerome, and even Mark. Mitch leaped into the air, like he was firing a bow, and chucked a ball at Elyjiah, the best thrower on our Class Team. The ball hit Ely in the stomach, suprising him, and he fell to the ground.

        When we started to play Capture the Flag, Jerome and Mitch suddenly gripped eachother's hand and snuck past the other team and rescued the two people in the Jail. Jerome looked like he was rescuing a dear friend from danger. Mark ran up to me and asked, "Team?"

        I blushed, but then squared my shoulders and said, "Absolutely."

        He nodded, and we, together, ran towards the flag. Nobody actually seemed to notice us. I grabbed the flag, and stuffed it into Mark's grip. The opposite team surrounded us, grabbing out a trying to tap us. I took off, and so did he. We went opposite ways and, thankfully, they followed me.

        They tapped me, and I opened my hands, revealing no flag. Mark grinned, holding up the bright orange flag. Later, I ran up to Mark, holding up my hand for a high-five. Instead of a high-five, he hugged me. I was surprised, especially since it was his first day. He quickly stepped away, looking embarrassed. "Sorry, I-I..." He started.

        "It's fine, Mark."

        "O-Okay..."

        "Sit with me on the bus?"

        "Sure."

        Mitch and Jerome were following me and Mark, laughing and sharing jokes with us. Mitch and Jerome sat in seat 13 on the right side, while Mark and I sat in seat 13 on the left side. Bri and Dani looked surprised to find us there, and they sat in seat 12 without a word.

        I hope this doesn't affect them too much.... but I think there's hope with Mark, Mitch, and Jerome, I thought. Soon Dani and Bri were joking with us too, cracking awkwardly wrong jokes.

        And then Jerome or Mitch would cfome up with a better one, and then Mark would take over with an epicly wrong joke.

        Then I would out-wrong them all, laughing.