The News

Chapter 10

I woke up and went to the bathroom. When I came out of the bathroom Jakobi's parents, Malachai, and the doctor were in the room. "Girl you better get in here Jakobi wont let me say anything until you are in here, you are mighty special person in his life, don't forget that," the doctor says to me as I walk in the door. I take a seat beside Jakobi. The doctor begins," Okay now don't be alarmed but the only way Jakobi will be able to live his life is that he will have to go through lots of chemo and he will or should go through chemo and remission just fine but will have to wear oxygen the rest of his life, though if he fails his chemo and/or remission he will have to go through a lung transplant since it will take a while to find a donor that matches we are going to try the chemo, whilst finding a donor because it will take a while". The doctor looks at his parents waiting for permission. "Okay, but this is the only way for us to keep him right?" Jakobi's mother said. I was looking for the same question's answer. "Yes, he will start chemo today, the faster and sooner the better, if he goes through well with the chemo today we will decide to keep doing it or not tomorrow, he should come for chemo everyday at 4:00," the doctor said looking at all of us.

"Can we see if this is what Jakobi wants," I say looking into Jakobi's eyes he has been quiet the whole time. "Jakobi what do you want?" Jakobi's dad said. "I want to see if I go through with it but if I fail the chemo and/or remission I don't want a lung transplant" he says and we look at his pale face in awe at his choice.

"That is understandable, many people rather have it like that," the doctor says. "Are you sure Jakobi?" his mother asks in tears. "Yes, mom," Jakobi says. "Okay your chemo is today at 4:00 we will tell you whether you can be released tomorrow after the results come in," the doctor says and walks out of the room.

Jakobi's parents turn towards me, "Danielle honey, go home take a shower we will stay here with him." "No I am not leaving until Jakobi does," I say giving Jakobi's hand a light squeeze. "Danielle please, you too Malachai, go home take a shower and relax, I know you two would love to sleep in your own bed, please I am begging you," Jakobi says looking at both of us. I sympathetically look at Jakobi.

"Danielle come on I will drive you home," Malachai says taking my hand. I bend down to give Jakobi a light peck on the lips and grab my things. Malachai walks me down to his car and drives me home.

The car ride is silent. "Bye, Danielle want me to pick you up at 2:00?" Malachai asks before I open my house door. " Yeah, bye thank you," I say and walk into my house.

Okay so no the best but it will get even more happier! You will love this next chapter! I decided to have two more chapters. Xoxo!!