Realization

Chapter 9

We drove to the diner in silence. It was peaceful neither one of us was nagging at each other. We pulled into one of the parking spots in front of Suzy's. It was a local hot spot. We walked in and had a seat in a booth.

"What will you like to drink this morning?" a pretty brunette said eyeing Jakobi. For some reason I got really jealous.

"I will have a water, no lemon, please," I said politely to the girl and she nodded and turned to Jakobi. "I will have the same, please," Jakobi said smiling to the girl and turned to me as she was walking away.

"Hey you guys what are you doing here we missed you on Friday," I heard Malachai say. He was walking towards us from the door. Malachai took a seat next to me. "Well that's the thing I need to talk to you and Dylan about something later, oh and Andrea and Rachael as well," Jakobi said making eye contact with me.

We ordered our food and talked for a little while, laughing and having a good time. "You guys I am going to the bathroom when I get done we will leave," Jakobi said. "Okay," Malachai and I said to Jakobi standing up and walking to the bathroom.

"Is there anything I need to know about you two Danielle," Malachai said turning to me after Jakobi was out of sight. "No why?" I said confused. "Why are you guys constantly making eye contact and drifting, you two are being kinda distant today," he answered.

"I don't really know yet Malachai, everything is so complicated, I don't know, everything is so out of place, he gets jealous of me and I get jealous of him," I said thinking back to everything.

"You look like two love birds that don't know how to like each other, sounds like the problem is both of you like each other but you don't know how to show it or admit it because you guys have been friends for so long," Malachai explains. "I swear you are gay," I say teasingly.

Crash! Something falls to the floor. I turn to see Jakobi on the floor trying to catch his breath. My whole world stops. I run over to him and tell somebody to call 911. The woman behind the desk tells them our location and situation.

Within a couple of minutes Jakobi is on his way out the door and into the ambulance. We arrive at the hospital and I rush into the room. Malachai joins me. I am too panicked to move. Malachai takes me by the waist and takes me over to the front desk.

The lady is no help. She won't release any information until Jakobi wakes up and allows us. All we know is that Jakobi couldn't breathe.

Me and Malachai take a seat in the chairs and Malachai begins. "Okay tell me what just happened,". I couldn't exactly think straight. I had to see Jakobi.

"We were out Friday because I went with him to Nashville to have an MRI and blood tests, the doctor thinks Jakobi has a tumor on his lung," I responded crying. Malachai took me into his arms. Malachai didn't say anything or do anything.

"Danielle?" I heard my name and immediately looked towards the door. "Mrs. and Mr. Milde," I said going to join them at the door. "Malachai dear," Jakobi's mother said when she noticed him. "What happened to Jakobi?" she questioned. "He collapsed and couldn't breathe," I said only making me cry more.

"I knew his cancer would do this," Jakobi's father said. "Do what?" I said terrified at what was to come next. "Get to him," his mother replied. "Umm Jakobi Milde is looking for a Danielle Thyme," a short doctor said.

"I'm Danielle Thyme," I said. "Come on Jakobi is waiting for you," the doctor said holding the door open for me.

We walked down the hall and into a room that held a weak looking Jakobi and a concerned doctor. "Danielle,"Jakobi murmured in his sleep. "Jakobi don't do that again that's how Mason went," I say breaking into tears.

"Danielle your friend here is really ill, we have discovered Jakobi has a large tumor on his left lung. We are very surprised to see he is alive," the doctor says taking my hand. "Jakobi will not be around for much longer honey, why he is here I don't know, it is a miracle he is even sitting on this bed," the doctor looks into my eyes.

I start bawling as his parents walk in and so does Malachai. I am crying into Malachai's neck as the doctor explains Jakobi's health.

I hear Jakobi stir and I rush to him. I kiss his cheek lightly and grab his hand. "Danielle, where's Danielle, I need Danielle," Jakobi whispers. "I'm right here Jakobi," I say crying on his hospital gown. "Danielle I am fine don't cry," Jakobi said. I couldn't help it I loved him too much not to cry after the news I had just received. The doctor told Jakobi his state of health and left the room.

After Malachai and his parents left Jakobi began," Danielle don't cry I will always love you, I have always loved you". His words brought me to tears again. "I know that Jakobi," I say in between sobs.

"No Danielle I love you I dream about you I never stop thinking about you. I don't want to leave you," Jakobi says and hugs me tighter. "Jakobi it's okay I am going to miss you very much but I don't want you to be in pain," I say crying.

"I am not leaving you like this and I am not leaving you to this cruel world, I love you Danielle, I love you," Jakobi says. I begin to cry again. "Jakobi I love you too," I say.

I calm down after a while and eventually I make my way up onto Jakobi's hospital bed. I curl up next to him and fall asleep to his oxygen monitor. Right now I love that sound because it is probably the only thing keeping him alive.

So sappy I know! You don't have to critique me! I know in the world of writing people will judge and critique me but I am fourteen and I am not the best at writing! So say something nice and if you think I could do something better comment it!! If you don't like the way I write then you can move on!! Comment and Vote!! Xoxo!!!