100. Stay Close

Scream broke so many records that the girls didn't even know what it had achieved by that point. They were so busy handling their departure from JYP Entertainment and their dorm that they didn't even have time to check out the comments under the music video or the showcase, and even they didn't get to celebrate Christmas properly with the boys. They were moving their things out of the dorm and onto their new houses and had to furnish their new ones as much as they could to be able to move in without a problem, so they had a lot of work to do in truly little time.

On New Year's Eve, however, they made the effort to be at the dorm with the Stray Kids' members, as they had agreed to celebrate it together. On that same day they had scheduled the release of a lyric video for Put It Straight that Soojin had edited just so the fans could find and subscribe to the new ResQ channel, so even then they would be working.

"How much more food are we going to cook?!" Chan groaned after more than four hours in the kitchen.

"If we were less people, we'd cook less!" Lin told him.  "We only have to put this in the oven and we are done, though."

"Then, I'll go to the living room. Thank God you still have the couch."

Since they had taken all their things to their houses, the only things left in the dorm were the bare furniture and the cutlery, which made the dorm look very empty.

"Lin, when was your flight?" Alix asked the youngest member. "I forgot."

"I'll leave a little after midnight. I should at the airport by half past one at most," she answered. "I can't believe I'm saying this."

"It honestly still feels like a dream of some sort." Soojin sighed. "I can't believe we are leaving everything behind in just a few hours and that we won't be seeing you in the next few months. It just doesn't feel real."

"It's going to take us a long time to get used to it, that's for sure," she agreed. "I think I'll come back for the summer and stay here for a while. Hopefully by that time the travel bans are better. Either way, I'll be coming and going, that's for sure. Even if I have to quarantine for two weeks."

"Just focus on having fun and actually being with your boyfriend. Don't worry about anything else. It's your turn to live how you want to," Alix assured her. "Don't even worry about making a comeback as a group. We'll find a way to arrange that. In between comebacks we can always release solo music and work on individual projects, anyway."

"Speaking about that!" Felix exclaimed from the living room as they could hear them. "Why didn't you tell us that you were going to act in different films and dramas?! I feel betrayed!"

Among the many job offers they were getting, the girls were offered to appear on different dramas, and surprisingly all in main actress roles. Mika, Leah, Alix and Soojin ended up agreeing to act in Korean ones, them being Youth Of May, Vincenzo, Navillera and Taxi Driver respectively; and Lin agreed to appear on a Chinese one called Crush in which she would be acting along Lin Yanjun, who she was friends with since Idol Producer. Soojin was also asked to make a special appearance in Navillera as one of the dancers, to which she agreed to, so even in that ResQ were still together.

"Let's see how we do first. We have appeared in commercials and such, but we haven't done any lead roles yet," Soojin told him. "I'm nervous, to say the least. They are all big productions, not amateur ones."

"You can do it, I'm sure of it," Felix assured her. "If there is one thing I know, it's that there's nothing ResQ can't do."

"You flatter us too much," Mika told him. "But thank you for the encouragement."