Driving Home

You were DRIVING HOME from a meeting with your game design team. Normally, you worked from home as a manager and coder for your indie game company, "Rogue", communicating between the branches of your team, approving changes to your game soon to come, helping out with coding and graphic design as needed, and offering your creative input overall. 

Today, you had a monthly team meeting, the last before the launch of your game, "Deafened Silence", a story-driven choice game. You were really excited, as you've been working on this for a while now, with many unexpected bumps along the way. It was a relieving day, knowing the game was finally ready for release.

But at the same time, you felt the need to get home quick, as you already missed it. This was the whole reason why you worked from home. You were a big homebody, liking to stay home and indulge in your own interests, like coding, creative design, and overall gaming, only ever enjoying hanging out with others if with close friends. That didn't happen often either, as you were friends with a bunch of degen gamers, streamers even.

More recently, leaving the house was even worse with how much you would miss your girlfriend, Valkyrae. You two had been dating for 4 months now, after meeting at Vidcon 6 months ago, where you helped your publicity team with a panel for a game at the time, while she had her duties as a content creator. You were faceless and private to the world, people knowing your name, Raven, as "the creator of 'Rogue", and only recently did they hear your voice playing with OfflineTV & Friends.

There never really was a reason for why you never showed your face. You just never felt the need to when you were just a smaller developer, and now that you've grown, you still didn't feel the need to, but you've been considering it. At this point, it just seemed like a cool idea. It'd be pretty cool to have meet and greets with fans now.

As for the relationship, you have yet to announce it to the world, and even most of OTV+F. No one except Rae and her roommates knew, the rest didn't even know you lived together. You were fine with being public, but it was Rae who was nervous about how the world would treat you as a couple, being worried about the possible invasiveness. She liked the privacy and comfort as of now, and you were more than okay with that.

Either way, you were happy to have her as the best thing in your life.

The two of you barely even had much screen time together, many don't associate you together. Rae wanted to avoid all chances of shipping from fans, wanting to be as far from dating suspicions as possible, so she'd only invite you to games on stream as the last resort fill when not being able to find anyone else.

Otherwise, you were pretty prominent in OTV+F, playing games and hanging out in Discord with them pretty often. Because of Rae's avoidance and disconnect from you on stream, some people actually think there's a disliking there, as much as Rae repeated that there's nothing but mutual respect between you two.

But people were starting to get a little suspicious now. When watching other people's streams, viewers would see us in the same lobby in Valorant a lot. Both of you love playing Valorant together, but since you barely play on stream, you compensated off stream. But people noticed.

Luckily, Rae deflected it well when brought up, saying something along the lines of, "Guys, I can play with anyone I want, especially off stream. I told you there's no bad blood between us, and if anything we're good friends, it just feels off when on stream."

That got them to back off for a bit, but soon people just started getting suspicious of Rae's personal life and the possibility of her being taken in general.

You have a passion for food, whether it be the cooking or eating part. And something you love to do is cook and get food for Rae. As random as it is, the pure joy that spreads on Rae's face when getting food, in general, is contagious and adorable, even more so when she seemed that much happier if the food was from you.

But it came at the cost of suspicion. Rae was a grinder who was always working, though you've been helping her out with that lately. She was always on set for a photo shoot, filming, in meetings, or on stream.

Though she always made more than enough time for you, it was never at a time you could get her food, either too late or early for a meal. So you decided it was fine to give her food on stream, as long as you didn't show yourself or talk, people would think it was Poki, Janet, or Celine, or that Rae ordered it. After all, no one knew you lived together.

For the past month, you've had a system where Rae would send you her weekly schedule, so you wouldn't accidentally come in and show yourself on stream. When you had food for her, you would text her, come in quietly, and set the food down on her desk without alerting any suspicion that anyone was even there. 

Of course, though, Rae grabbing food on the desk out of frame from seemingly nowhere raised questions. When asked who or how the food got there, Rae would deflect. However, she started to slip up, and viewers noticed things weren't lining up. 

Once, people on Twitter were confused, as Rae came up with an excuse for food again, this time saying Janet just dropped it off, but Janet was streaming clearly on screen at the time. Chat also noted that whenever the roomies came into each other's rooms on stream, they'd come into frame and talk to each other.

But when you gave Rae food, it would practically appear out of thin air. Chat was starting to think there could be a new roomie, someone wanting to hide from the limelight, but you and Rae weren't too worried.

You pull yourself out of your thoughts, realizing you're in the driveway of the house. You pick up the to-go bag in the passenger seat and walk to unlock the front door. Upon taking off your shoes at the doorway, you head to Rae's room, excited to give her some tacos from a new place you found. 

Little did you know, Rae was doing a secret Valorant stream that she forgot to text you about...