V

1st POV

Oil bubbling.

Chattering crowds.

I could feel the excitement in the air.  Smells of different foods surrounded us, making my mouth water. I eyed the stalls, they had a large variety of food here.

And why wouldn't they?

It's the Spring Festival, after all.

Foods like yakisoba noodles, takoyaki ( fried octopus in battered balls ), and yakitori ( chicken on skewers ) adorned the stalls and a very heavy barbecue scent lingered in the air

It was now 7:14 PM.

The sun had set sometime ago, and the sky was now draped in a bluish-purple hue with pearl-like stars illuminating the vast sky above us.

It had been a long, long time since I'd gone to a festival like this one. I zoomed past stalls, looking at one thing and searching for another.

Aizawa waddled behind me, walking slower than a turtle.

His hands were tucked away in the pockets of his black pants, and his mouth was covered by his usual scarf. His eyes, however, were shooting daggers towards me.

"𝑂ℎ 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑜𝑛 𝑆ℎ𝑜, 𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑎 𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒"

He grunted and kept walking, slouching along the way.

I walked towards him and huffed,

"𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑖𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑛𝑎 𝑏𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒. 𝐼'𝑚 𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑑𝑟𝑎𝑔𝑔𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑚𝑒"

What a sore loser.

I had won fair and square when he stopped arguing. It was a clear victory. But this old man just had to ruin the mood with his grumpiness.

"𝐹𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑒𝑎𝑡, 𝑊𝑒 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑛𝑜𝑤"

Lord, please let me strangle him.

"𝐷𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑐𝑘 𝑎𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑑𝑜𝑤𝑛. 𝐹𝑒𝑒𝑙 𝑓𝑟𝑒𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑣𝑒"

He could've just sucked it up and kept walking. But no, He just had to be a prick about it and really, I didn't beg him to come with me, did I? No.

He could've left me the moment I mentioned the idea, I hadn't forced him to stick around with me. If he really hated coming with me, he should've left.

I frowned and walked back to the yakitori stall.

I can just get something to eat and enjoy this place a little. I don't need him to keep me company.