Chapter 15

At dinner.
Eron POV

"So tell me about this friend of yours." She pipped up. We were done with eating since she insisted we ate first and now we were sipping on a bottle of expensive wine.

"Wait what about the speech?" I asked since I thought this dinner was to practice and yet it's getting late.

"It's alright I'll practice on my own. I can get it in like no seconds." She chuckled then looked at me intently and raised an eyebrow right after and I knew that was my cue.

"Oh right my friend. He uhmm I don't know how to explain it."

"You like him?" She jumped in quickly.

"No No no...not like what you're thinking." I laughed at the thought.

"Ok then tell me." She leaned in on the table seemingly interested in the conversation.

"Well he seems imaginary. Like I'm the only one who can see him. Well he says plus some people who he claims are going to die already. Isn't that wired?" I asked frowning my face and she sat back properly in her chair.

"No. But yah it is."

"It gets wireder. He calls himself the devil. Well the son of the devil but it technically makes him one too." And that's when her face grew more serious.

"This friend of yours. Do you have a picture of him?" She asked

"No. I only took some on his phone and speaking of. I hope you don't get mad but I might have noticed my picture in your office. I mean it might not have been mine but..."

"Yes it was yours. I saw you checking it. I just like to keep records of my employees that's all. Besides I grew more interested in you when you started coming late to work. Just wanted to know if I could be of any help but seems you have all the help you need right." She smiled

Well what is that supposed to mean. Also how did you see me look through your things because I'm a hundred percent sure there are no cameras in your office or am I wrong. I said to myself and mirrored the smile.

"I might be tipsy."she said dramatically holding her forehead.

"But you didn't even..."

"Can you drive me home... please?"

"Yah sure." But you gotta stop interrupting me when I'm speaking.

Cypher's POV

"What's the address?" The phone chimed I'm thinking the man had replied although I don't know if he'll be able to see me but all the same. It's worth a try.
I sat there and waited for some minutes with my wound stinging in the back reminding me of how much I really needed this.

I heard a knock on the door guessing it was him I had to compose myself. I weakly stood up almost losing my balance on the way but I had to keep it together so I forced this as much as I could and walked up to the door and opened it hoping I'm visible in his eyes. He looked confused but thank hell he can see me at least.

"Come in" I said And He hesitantly stepped into the room slowly so I closed the door and followed behind him.

"Please take a seat" I said and we both did.

"You're a boy?" He asked looking confused as ever and like he was thinking about something but It was like his thoughts were being blocked by something.

"Clearly. You didn't see the picture?" I replied and he pulled out his phone maybe to take a second look.

"Uhmmm of course I did. It's just that you look...pretty?" He said. Well I think I get that a lot. I said to myself. Well not a lot since I've only heard Eron say it in his head of course not to my face.