Tempting fate

Brooklyn's P.O.V

I woke up to a painful feeling in my side. I slowly opened my eyes to see matthew- that stupid lost boy who took the most pleasure from hitting me- poking me with a stick. He had a big smirk plastered on his face. "Morning sunshine, good nights sleep?" I sat up and narrowed my eyes at him.

"Yeah..." He went to open his mouth to speak again but pan appeared in front of me. "Hey, want some breakfast?" I nodded and took pans outstretched hand and stood up. We walked over to the log and he handed me a plate with chicken. I smiled at the thought of him remembering. I finished the chicken in about two minutes. I was hungry due to the fact I hadn't eaten since yesterday morning.

"Brooklyn, why did you leave the tent last night?" Pan asked.

"I don't know, I just wanted to sleep outside. I wanted to see the sky. I'm sorry,I didn't want to wake you. Not that I need to run it past you, I have my own body, I'm my own person." Pan chuckled.

"I wasn't asleep when you left. I just let you leave to see where you'de go. And, you may be your own person, but you are on this island, therefore you belong to me." I just didn't understand him, one minute he's nice, the next he's saying that I belong to him. I knew there was no point in arguing with him about this, I would only loose time off my life for it.

"So.... What's the plan for today?"

"Well, I told the lost boys of our deal, so they understand why you're here. I want you to stay at camp today because I am going to be busy."

"Can't I go and explore, peter?" I whined.

"Nope" he stood up and walked away to his tent. There was still no sign of Julie and Paige. I thought about going and asking Felix if he knew where they were, but I decided against it because of last time I asked. That ended up at hangman's tree, and I think I'm pretty much okay with not going back anytime soon. I saw an arrow close by and picked it up. I also picked up a dagger and started to sharpen the arrow head.

After a while, I felt a presence sit next to me on my log. I waited a few seconds before looking up to see Matthew.

"Umm.... Hi? What do you want?" I asked. I really hated the way he looked at me.

"Nothing, princess. Just came to say hi."

"You've said hi. And don't you dare, ever call me princess! Princesses are often portrayed as weak, and I am not weak!"

"Oh, I know you're not, princess. I was just wondering if you would like to come on a walk with me."

"No. Pan said to not leave the camp."

"Since when did you listen to pan?"

"True, but since when did I ever wanna hang out with you?"

"Oh, come on princess."

"I said don't call me that!" He reached out and put his hand on my shoulder. I pushed him away.

"Go away!" I shouted at him. He stood up and tried to pick me up from behind. Why are boys such jerks! At that moment I let the anger take over me. I got away from his grip, spun around to face him and plunged my hand into his chest. I pulled out his heart and put slight pressure on it so that he was knelt on the floor. I smirked down at him. He had pain. Anger and something I didn't recognize in his eyes. There was a voice in my head telling me not to do it. To not sercombe to the darkness hiding in my heart. I had been through so much in my life. I had killed before, I had been kidnapped, kept prisoner, hurt and tricked. I had tried to focus on happy thoughts since I returned. But now the bad ones were flooding in. I couldn't control my anger or my magic. I smirked at him one last time and said, "you should have listened to me. Night, night." With that, I crushed his heart.

"Hey, what's g- Brooklyn?" I turned around to see pan. The lost boys were stood behind him staring at me. The same feeling from when I killed kayton returned. I looked back at matthews lifeless body and fell to my knees. Pan walked over to me and put his hand on my shoulder, bit i shot upright and shouted. "No! Go away! Leave me alone!" I ran into the woods as far as I could. Tears dripped down my face as I went. I couldn't stay there. I broke a main rule. I killed one of their lost boys and as much as I hate to admit it. I enjoyed it.
Hey! OMG, guys! Im so happy about having 6k reads. I know most stories have more, but its such a nice acomplishment for me. So Thank you, guys! One chapter left to go! In some ways I'm a bit sad about it coming to an end, but I'm also kind of excited. If there is anything you're expecting, or want to happen, just let me know! I also wanted to say, thank you everyone for reading, voting and commenting, it means a lot. :D