hangman's tree

Hey guys! This chapter kinda just happened, so if its bad, sorry!

I reached Pan's camp quickly, probably because of  how mad I was at pan. I ignored the stares from the lost boys and kept my head down. All of a sudden I was met with a hard surface. I rubbed my head and looked up. I saw Felix towering over me. His sandy blonde hair sticking out from his hood that was pulled over his head, a smirk tugging at the corner of his mouth. His scar was more obvious up close.

"Hey." he said

"Hi" I replied.

"So, free day today, huh? Wanna hang out with me?" He smirked. No way was that happening.

"Uh, no thanks. I'm gonna hang out with Paige and Julie."

"Well. Unfortunately, they've been given jobs for today."

"Where's pan? I'm sure he'll let them go."

"Sorry 'bout that, but I assigned them to work."

"But, you can't do that."

"Second in command, yes I can." I sighed in frustration and sat on the log I had sat on so many months ago. I picked up a stick and started to draw in the dirt. I drew a picture of a cake and wrote happy birthday. I sighed. My mum was probably planning something big, possibly embarrising. My 'friends' would have been there. My dad wouldn't, but Im okay with that because he walked out on me when I was six.

Felix came and sat next to me and I quickly used the stick to dust over the picture.

"Happy birthday, Brooklyn." He said. I looked up and smiled at him. "Thanks, felix. Means a lot."

"Hey, I brought you some food. Here." He handed me a plate of chicken. "You remembered that I love chicken. After all this time?"

"Always. I might not be the, nicest, of boys but hey, you were a lost girl and you did pretty much devour any chicken that came into your sights." I playfully punched his arm lightly. I took a bite out of the chicken, then another, then another until it was gone. "Wow, I kinda thought that would last longer" he said. Then he started to smirk again. "You didn't answer my question from earlier. Do you want to hang out?" I sighed.

"Fine then, its not like I have anything else to do." He nodded and stood up. He held out his arm as I stood up.

"Madame" he said mockingly.

"Look who's being a gentleman" I mocked back. I hooked my arm around his and we started to walk away through the trees. We walked in a silence until we reached a clearing with one big tree in the middle. It had vines and what appeared to be nooses hanging from it. Its branches stuck out in all different directions and had no leaves.

"What is this place?" I asked.

"This is hangman's tree. Also known as the lost boys original hideout." I was confused as to how this place was ever a hideout. "Wanna see inside?" He asked. I nodded my head. He took me over to the thickest part of the tree trunk and tugged on a branch. All of a sudden the bark started to rise. When it was open fully, felix pushed me in! I slid down, moving from left to right and I landed on a hard surface. A few seconds later fleix came through an entrance near by, diving into a roll as he landed. We stood up and I smirked at him. "Very graceful." He snickered at me and I laughed. Soon enough, he started to laugh as well. "Felix, can I ask you a question?"

"Yep" he said popping the 'p'.

"When did you become so happy. I mean seriously, no offense but you used to be such a stick in the mud. You were so boring."

"What can I say, you bring out the best in me. At first I didn't mind when you left, but when you cane back, everything felt different. I missed you." I was shocked. I looked down at the ground, I felt bad. I had hurt a lot of people when I left. I felt a hand lift my face up. Felix lifted my face so that I was staring into his eyes. He was really close. He seemed to be getting closer. I didn't know what to do, he was a lot bigger than me, so I couldn't run or pull away. I didn't want to kiss him because I've only just started to like him as a friend. Just as he was about to kiss me, someone cleared their throat behind me.

"Pan?" Felix's eyes widened. I smirked a little at the thought of pan being there and interrupting that.

"I don't remember saying you could leave camp. Do you remember me saying that?" I'm assuming he raised an eyebrow.

"N-no, sorry pan. The girl just seemed to be bored. Thought I would give her a birthday treat." I turned around to face him. Oh boy, he did not look happy. I gave him a pleading look, hoping that he would understand that I want help.

"Well, thanks for taking care of her, but I'll take over from here. You're dismissed." Felix nodded and rushed straight back to camp. I breathed a sigh of relief and looked over at pan.

"Thank you" I said quietly.

"Well, I'm still sticking by what I said, but I don't trust the lost boys so you're staying with me." He said walking over to me. He put his arm over my shoulder and started to walk forward. He whispered in my ear, "happy birthday, by the way."

Oh, I'm trying to make the chapters a bit longer, as I want to finish this book soon. I am hoping to make a sequal, so that it wont be too long