"I don't know if that will work."  I said, knowing how Dimitri could be at times.

"I'm positive that it will, but if it doesn't than he'll have to learn how to deal with this. The very reason why I try to be motivational instead of getting mad when he starts to get angry or says things is because I know why he's showing that behavior. He isn't just mad about the fact that his body isn't the same anymore, he's also ashamed. Many of my patients feel this way, but in his case it's even worse. You knew him before he had the accident," The doctor pressed his lips together. "He was really proud and walked around as if he was untouchable. To go from being that person to—"

"I know," I nodded.  "He was quite arrogant." I whispered as though Dimitri could hear us.

"Yes." The doctor nodded with his eyebrows pulled up and I could not help but smile at his facial expression.

"I think that it would be best to help him become less ashamed by exposing him to the outside. He has been locked up in this room for quite some time, he needs it."

"I'll try my best to convince him to do that, but knowing him he wouldn't want to do that in a wheelchair."

"But even if he is stable enough to stand on his feet, he'll still have to use a cane or another kind of walking aid before he'll be able to walk normally again. And that is if all goes as planned."

"Right." I drew in a long breath. "Thank you doctor, it's quite a lot to deal with but we'll try our best."

"You're doing a good job, Emmanuelle. Don't be too hard on yourself, sometimes you need to be a little harder on him."

After the doctor left I went into the kitchen and made myself a peanutbutter sandwich. Around the time that I had finished eating, Emilio and Anthony came into the kitchen with groceries. Tia and Marissa walked in behind them.

I filled myself a glass of orange juice whilst Tia, Marissa and Emilio unpacked the bags and began storing all that was bought.

"What are we having tonight?" I asked.

"Chicken stew with potatoes and carrots." Marissa answered proudly, knowing that it is one of my favorite dishes.

"How is he?" Anthony inquired as he was putting the chicken in the fridge.

"Better," I took a sip from my glass. "Dr. Leighton wants to continue the sessions at the facility. There they have the right kind of equipment for the exercises."

"When does he need to go?" Marissa asked.

"On Monday, so we'll need a wheelchair."

"Okay, we'll get one." She looked at Emilio though she was talking to me.

"We'll take care of it, we also have a few other errands to run anyway. Christoph will be at the house in case any of you need to go somewhere."Anthony added.

"Cool." I smiled before I left them behind after doing a quick refill of my glass. I quietly opened the bedroom door. I liked watching him be busy without him noticing me doing so.

"Are you spying on me?" He asked, though he did not once look up from the book that he was reading.

"You didn't even look up." I smiled.

"I know your scent." He said with a straight face as he put the book to the side.

"That— is really creepy. Don't say that."

Dimitri smiled as he leaned his head back against the headboard. "I heard the door, it makes a little screetch sound." He mimicked the sound.