27. electric dreams

Warm

Warm. Fuck, his mouth was warm. The way his lips were pushing against yours had your entire frame weak, and your brain not knowing what the hell to do.

Oikawa let out what you thought to be a half sigh, half hum of satisfaction, before reaching up and angling your face, so he could deepen the kiss. His fingers then traced your jawline, his thumb gliding over your cheek, then going under your chin to tip your head up more.

You just sat there, unaware of how to kiss back, how to react, how to do anything in this situation. All you could do was squeeze your eyes shut and hope to god that this wasn't just something meaningless.

When Oikawa finally withdrew, you inhaled sharply, and allowed him to press his forehead against yours. "I'm sorry," he whispered. "Would you be mad if I said that I broke up with her because I like you?"

"No," you replied dumbly, still shocked. "That's, umm, valid, I guess."

"That's nice to know," he murmured, opening his eyes, so he could look at you. "And, I think from the fact that you said yes to my question earlier, you like me too."

"... maybe," you raised an eyebrow. "I may have just wanted to get a kiss." When his face dropped, you burst out laughing, taking off your glasses to wipe away nonexistent tears. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding," you chuckled. "I do like you."

"You scared me for a second then, (Y/n)-chan," Oikawa grinned, lifting a hand, and stroking your hair fondly.

"Hehe, that's what I do best," you laughed nervously, becoming embarrassed.

"You're so endearing," he sighed, pressing a wet kiss to your cheek. "I love it."

"Thank you?..." you spluttered, heat twisting through your body, as you tried to process that this was indeed reality.

Oikawa rested his head on your shoulder, nuzzling into the crook of your neck, making himself comfortable. "I think this took too long," he proclaimed.

"It probably did," you replied, "I think I've liked you for 3 months now."

"I could... sort of tell," he murmured.

You were silent for a moment, before you blinked, a dead smile on your face. "You what?"

(Someone please kill you with a rock.)

"I could see some signs," he admitted, "but I didn't want to say anything. Besides, I liked Rin at the time, and I didn't want to force it out of you or push you away from me.

"But the more time I spent with Rin, the less I spent with you. And I started to miss you. And then I started to think about how great you are... and well, it's history from there on, I suppose." You felt him smile against your skin.

"Lovely," you stated, in shock from the fact that he'd known.

(Had you been that fucking obvious? Had you?!)