( A / N ) : this was edited on 11/05/2024 at 3:22 PM

"𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮..."

     sukuna's deep voice growled out, every syllable dripping with rage as he glared at the special-grade curse before him. in his arms, you lay unconscious and bleeding, your pain etched on your features. sukuna felt a boiling fury rise within him as he beheld your wounded form. he, the king of curses, the strongest sorcerer of the heian era, felt utterly powerless as he watched you shield the brat from the cursed spirit's attack just a few minutes ago. he felt his body shake slightly at the thought of losing you again.

     slowly, sukuna lifted his gaze to the special-grade curse, his eyes blazing with danger, causing the curse to shrink back in fear. with a menacing glint in his eyes, sukuna prepared to fucking obliterate the cursed spirit that dared harm his beloved. the curse recoiled, assuming a defensive posture as sukuna began to move, only to approach a corner of the building he deemed reasonably safe. gently, he laid you on the ground, tenderly brushing the hair from your face as he healed your wounds with his reverse cursed technique. his eyes softened as he caressed your cheek, silently reassuring you in your slumber that everything would be alright, and that he's here for you.

     a sigh of relief escaped him as he watched your expression ease into tranquillity. he despised seeing you in pain, loathed witnessing your self-sacrifice for others, much like you had done for him in your past life.

     gracefully, sukuna removed the school jacket he wore and draped it over you, though he couldn't shake the gnawing feeling that it belonged to the brat. he absolutely hated that it bore the brat's scent. but now wasn't the time for such thoughts. after he stares (admires) you one more time, he bestows a tender kiss upon your forehead and then your lips. then, sukuna rose to his feet, his gaze now fixed on the cursed spirit with a deadly intent.

     the special grade curse growled fearfully, before lifting its hand up to send a blast of pure cursed energy towards the pink-haired male who had walked a few feet right in front of it. sukuna lifts up his tattooed arm that had a missing hand, accidentally healing and restoring said missing hand so that he could deflect the cursed energy away from him and you. thoughts raced in his mind; he found it ridiculous how a mere human was able to make him feel so many emotions that he didn't think he'd be able to feel and experience. he never thought he'd be able to willingly open his heart to someone. he never thought he'd be willing to offer his heart to someone. sukuna clicks his tongue as he deflects another beam of cursed energy. he thought it cruel for fate to turn him into a monster, giving up on humans and killing them for fun, only to meet you. his beloved. his husband. his universe. his soulmate.

     the special grade curse growled fearfully, raising its hand to unleash a blast of pure cursed energy towards the pink-haired male standing just a few feet away. sukuna lifted his tattooed arm, the one with a missing hand, inadvertently restoring it to deflect the incoming blast away from himself and you. as he acted, a whirlwind of thoughts swirled in his mind. it seemed absurd that a mere human could evoke such a range of emotions in him, emotions he never thought he'd experience. he never thought he'd be able to willingly open his heart to someone. he never thought he'd be willing to offer his heart to someone—these were foreign concepts to him until he met you.

     clicking his tongue in annoyance, sukuna deflected another beam of cursed energy. he couldn't help but find it ironic how fate had turned him into a monster, only to bring you into his life. you, his beloved, his husband, his universe, his soulmate.

if i had met you earlier... then...

     the special grade cursed spirit lets out a piercing screech, getting frustrated as sukuna kept deflecting its attacks. sukuna narrows his eyes at the cursed spirit as he watches it extend an arm towards you.