Drunk ➵Cedric Diggory

This is an AU where the Triwizard tournament doesn't occur

➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶

"Diggory," I greeted with a nod of the head when I saw my late-night patrol partner walk his way to me, his wand in his hand.

"Diggory? Call me Cedric, L/n. We've been patrol partners for a year now, don't you think we're friends at this point?"

"Of course we're friends, Cedric." I offered him a shy smile which he returned with a charming 'golden boy' smile.

"So how was your summer?" We started walking through the corridor, next to each other, but with a reasonable amount of space between us.

"It was good, we went to Italy for a while. It was cool."

"Wow. I just stayed at home and practiced Quidditch half the time."

"Like you needed anymore practice. You're already amazing." I groaned," I haven't practiced in months."

"You don't need practice. You're really good."

I scoffed. "You haven't seen me play even once. I joined halfway through last year, and the one match I had with Hufflepuff, I got sick. So you really can't tell how I play."

"What makes you think that? What if I came to watch your other matches?"

I turned to look at him."You didn't. I didn't see you."

"So, you're saying that during the matches, instead of playing, you scan the pitch for me? I'm flattered that you think of me even during your matches."

I spluttered incoherently, before recovering quickly. "It's not like that! I didn't see any of your fan following so I assumed you weren't there is all. Because everyone knows where you go, your fan following goes."

"I don't have a fan following!" he said, scoffing.

"Yes, you do. Literally everyone likes you, worships you or wants to be you." We resumed walking, his warm hands brushing mine by mistake, making me jump and move away from him a bit.

"Does everyone include you, then?" he asked, his lips turning up in a smirk. I looked away immediately, not wanting to stare and get caught.

"Nope. Most definitely not."

"You keep telling yourself that."

"It's true!"

✃- - - - - - - - - - -

I took in a deep breath before tying my hair in a high pony. Stepping out of the changing room with my broom in one hand, I walked to the open Quidditch pitch. I scanned the pitch after climbing my broom and hovering mid-air next to my team mates.