Where am I?

When I woke everything was dark. I couldn't see at first, but my ears picked up a strange
siren that sounded from a far, what type I wasn't sure.

I was laying on a cold hard surface and could smell the disgusting metallic scent of blood, and something else not pleasant. When my vision adjusted I began to look around, though there wasn't much to see.

Titanium walls surrounded me on all sides but the front, which was instead gaurded by bars to keep me in. I was trapped in a cage.

On the outside I could hear strange noises that told me I wasn't even close to the only one there.

Through the bars door I saw another cage about 5 feet away across an aisle, and one stacked on top of it. I couldn't see anyone in the bottom and I couldn't completely see into the one on top so who new if there was anyone up there.

I could tell both sides of me were definitely occupied. On the right whoever or whatever was there was banging on the side connected to mine like they were thrashing around.

The left side was very different however. On the left I heard fast quiet whispers, I had no clue what was being said, it was clear they weren't talking to anyone. And for some reason that alone
had me the most creeped out.

The whispers cut through the wall that connected us and made it's home through my ears in my brain, sending chills directly down my spine spreading throughout my whole body. And for a minute that was all I could
focus on, just something about it.

The screeches and banging that I heard more as I woke up more began to really unsettle me but I
found myself still laying there with no energy, unable to do anything about my situation. Even though I felt like I couldn't move I looked around my space.

There has to be a way out, if I pay close enough attention I might find it, I told myself.

But I spotted nothing. I felt almost in a haze, numb.

I know that I was scared and confused, but these feelings were dulled enough or shoved to the back of my mind enough that my brain didn't send my body the adrenaline I needed, and through all this I grew tired again.

I didn't believe I fully woke up in the first place, even if I did I was not convinced this wasn't
some sort of deranged, vivid, lucid nightmare.

I started to think, and I realized I had no idea why I was there, how I got there, where I was, or anything of the sort. maybe not out of the ordinary in a dream..

But I didn't know who I was at all, and that was worrisome.

And these were my last thoughts before I drifted off, everything fading to black.

...

The world outside me faded in once more, but this time I jumped awake when I heard another
siren, but this time from inside the building I was in. It thundered off the walls making my head throb.

I covered my ears with my hands and touched my forehead to the cold floor in attempt to drown out the sound a little, but it still echoed harshly in my head.

I glanced up when I heard people running nearby just to see them run past me.

Not long after, a woman came from the same direction they had and stopped at the door to my cage.

"Get up! You're being evacuated!" she shouted.

On shaky legs I stood up, but I couldn't fully stand at all as the roof of the container was too short. She quickly ushered me out and into the aisle and I took the few seconds I had to look the area.