Chapter 1-- Them

Bri's Point of View

        I sat in seat 10 on my bus. My name is Bri. I'm a seventh-grader at Brookwood Middle School. I pulled out my phone, texting Jessi, my friend, "Mornin." My message noise rang, and I got a text saying, "G'mornin Danipoo." I laughed to myself. Hilarious roleplay. I quickly texted her back, "Mitchypoo."

        We had this roleplay on Roblox, where I was Dani and she was Mitch. Of course, Dani is one of my actual friends and Mitch, obviously, is BajanCanadian and would not be under those circumstances.

        I've heard that we're getting two new students. Both guys, but nobody seems to want to tell us their names. Only the teachers know. We have two teachers, Miss Koch and Mrs. Maurer. I hear that one will be in Miss Koch's homeroom and the other in Mrs. Maurer's.

        "Did you hear about the new boys?" Dani suddenly sat down beside me. "Yeah," I said, an excited edge to my voice. "Mr. Jackson told me they both ride our bus." Mr. Jackson is our bus driver. I can't wait to tell Jessi about this.

        Jessi's stop approaches and she rushes back to the other seat 10 and sits across from us. "Did you hear about the-" She started. "Yes," Dani and I said in unison. "No you didn't. There's a third boy! And I know all of their names." Jessi sits back in the seat, smirking.

        "What? How?!" Dani and I say again in unison.

        "They're my neighbors. One is on the right side of my house, one is on the left side, and the other is across the road," Jessi said, excitedly. "How come they aren't on then?" Dani asked. "They aren't ready to come to school yet. They're coming tommorrow," She said. "On a Friday? Lucky them," I said.

        "Yup."