Part 10

"Oh no, she's in a comma?" when will she be better?" i asked. "Well we predict about 4 months. But even then we don't think that she will be mentally stable to take care of you and your brother. So in that case we will have a care taker for you until she is 100% better." The nurse said. "Well I don't think that I need a care taker. I'm 16 and I think that I can take care of Charlie and myself." I said. "Okay well it is against the law to have a 16 year old taking care of two people. So you still will need a person to look after you. Now they don't have to be with you 24-7 but they will need to check on you every day for at least and hour." Okay I will be fine with that." I said back to her.

After we had that talk I had to go in the back to do some paperwork. I drove Charlie home and I called Aron and Bonnie. I told them what happened and Bonnie said that she will be home in a few weeks and that she will help around. Same with Aron.

Ounce me and Charlie got home I ran up to my room. Charlie went up to his room too. Charlie knocked on my door. "Alice can I come in?" He asked. I said yes so he opened the door. "What's up char?" "Well um can I ask you something. Um is mom going to die?" Charlie said I could see his eyes tearing up. "No Char." I said as a ran up to him to give him a hug. "She is just in a Comma, she will be fine but it might take a while for her to get better." i said as I kept hugging him.

My phone rang and it was the care taker that the nurse talked about. "Hello." "Hi um is this Alice Drowns?" "Yes it is. Who may this be?" "Hi my name is Amy I'm the care taker that was assigned to take care of you and your brother Charlie." "Oh yes, hello" "yeah so I was wondering if I could come over and see what my standards are." "Yes of course, what time exactly did you have in mind?"

Amy and I talked and set up times. We hung up and I walked to Charlie's room. "Hey Char can o come in?" "Yeah." He said back. "Well our new care taker, Amy will be coming in an hour to see what she will be needing to do. And also so we can meet her and get to know her." I walked out and closed the door.

It was an hour later and the doorbell rang. I opened the door and there was Amy. She was wearing a business suit and was really pretty. "Hi I'm Amy you must be Alice, it is very nice to meet you." We shook hands. "Yeah you too, come on in." She was holding a brief case and her keys. " Have a seat and let me go get Charlie. But first do you want anything to eat or drink?" I asked "no thanks, I'm good I have some coffee already." I went upstairs to grab Charlie. "Amy this is Charlie my little brother." "Oh hello Charlie it is very nice to meet you. I'm Amy the lady that will taking care of you and your sister until your mom is better." "Hello I'm Charlie." They shook hands and we sat down on the couch.

"So we have lots to discuss and lots of time. So let's start off by getting to know each other. Alice why don't you go first." We basically just talked about our hobbies and more stuff like how old we are, what we like to eat, and a bunch of other stuff. "Alright great so now let's go over some rules. Now I can imagine that you two are well behaved children but just incase. So I will not allow you to drink or smoke under my care, I don't like talking back, and I hope that you are virgins right." We shook our heads.

"Alright then. I will not be with you 24-7 but I am required to be with you for 2 hours each day or 14 hours a week. Here I would like you to add me to speed dial so you can contact me very quickly." We pulled out our phones and added her to our contacts. We talked a little bit more on other information about me having to take care of Charlie when she isn't there or what Charlie or me have to do.

We were about to finish up and Charlie went upstairs. I waked Amy out and I stopped her to tell her something. "Hey so I didn't want to say this when Charlie was here but I do have a boyfriend and his name is Aron but Charlie doesn't know that I'm dating him. So I just wanted to let you know." "okay thanks, does Charlie know that you know him?" "Yeah of course Charlie has known him since he was born, but he just thinks that me and him are friends."

Amy left and I called Aron. "Hey want to come over?" I asked Aron. "Yeah sure. I will be there in 20 minutes."