Chapter Sixteen

Priya's  POV 

    Rahul held my hand the whole time on the aiport he claimed it was to "Keep me safe" but I knew why. It made me feel like a child. He would offer to take my bags, even my purse.

    "Rahul, honey, you have got to calm down. I can handle myself." I said grabbing my bag out of his hands. He looked nervous, something was wrong. "What's wrong?" I asked as we walked out of the airport towards the taxi stand. He looked at me with a worried look and replied

    "Well it's just, Alia. She dedicated her whole life to break us apart. I mean back then we were just friends. But your my girlfriend now, and she being Alia I know she is going to try split us apart, even if she is getting married. I just got you, I don't want to lose you." he brought his hand up to my cheek caressing it softly. A smile drew on my face as I held his head and brought it closer to my face. I leaned in and placed a soft kiss on his lips as a sign not to worry. That there was nothing in the world that could tare us apart now. There was a strong maganetic force between us and it was unstoppable. He kissed me hungrily and I kissed back, until we were interrupted by an italian voice. 

    "Mia madre. You two wanta the taxi o no?" He said in an italian accent as a small chuckle left my mouth. We nodded silently and got into the cab. The ride was soft and Rome was beautiful. That's when questions started hitting my mind. 

    "Crap!" I screamed. Rahul looked at me in surprise. He waited for me to continue. "Our parents. What are we supposed to do?" he laughed as I stared at him with wide eyes. 

    "Don't worry. They didn't catch us back there. I'm sure they won't catch us now."

    "So what we just spend these days apart now?" I said 

    "Oh no way. I have really good skills at silent walking at night through resorts if you know what I mean." he said as he winked at me and leaned in for a kiss. As much as I wanted to kiss him, I was still worried, so I pushed him away and replied with a smart mouth. 

    "Oh but see now that is how your going to have to resist kissing me since we are going to be in ceremonies the whole time and we can't get caught." I said with a smirk on my face, moving my hair to one side, revealing my bare neck. Attempting to seduce him. 

    "Don't do this to me Priya. Don't, or I'll do you right here, in this cab" he said with warning eyes. Thats when the italian voice interrupted again.

    "Oh no it isn't. I will throw you out my taxi right now. Mia madre." The driver said waving his hands in the air. 

    "We were just joking" I said for him to calm down. Suddenly I heard him whisper in my ear. 

    "Were we?" I looked at him with my eyes wide open and slapped him lightly on his arm. He smiled and got closer to me putting his arm around me, allowing me to put my head on his shoulder. For the next fifteen miutes of the ride, the driver kept checking up on us making sure we weren't doing anything inappropriate. About fifteeen minutes later, we arrived at the resort, where the driver unloaded our bags and left us with relief. Rahul's hand was still interlocked in mine, until the figure of our parents came walking out of the resort. We immediatley parted hands and improvised a being friends act. 

    Our parents greeted us with hugs and kisses and took us to our bedrooms. To our luck, our bedroom were right next to eachother. Rahul smiled at me before he entered his room with his parents by his side, and I entered mine. We were told that the henna ceremony would start in four hours by the poolside and we had to be ready by then. Our parents rooms were on the 20th floor, two floors after ours which means there was a less probable chance of the revelation of our relationship and more probable chance of pleasure time at night. Our balconies were connected and there was a little gap at the end that allowed Rahul to get into my room immediatley after our parents left  our rooms to let us "rest". I felt a hand around my waist kissing the back of my neck. I smiled widley and turned around to kiss him.