THE FIVE HORSEMEN

"Five minutes!"

The announcer repeatedly shouted to remind all of the crew that the show was about to start. The five magicians stopped their fidgeting to make their final touches.

Henley fussed over Eva's hair, pushing down its unruly curls. But Eva swatted her hands away and pulled down her skirt.

"I hate this thing."

"It looks adorable!" Henley argued.

"But it's not me."

Henley gave her a sympathetic look before turning to leave with Merritt and Danny. Eva sighed and turned back to the mirror to adjust her outfit again.

She hated the dress and the heels. The only thing she liked was the leather fingerless gloves both of the girls were wearing.

She studied her outfit with critical eyes. Jack was the only one left in the room and he came up behind her.

"I think I can help," he stated.

She swiveled to face him with a questioning expression. He smirked and pulled a jacket out from behind his back.

She realized it was the jacket she'd first shown interest in way back when they started working together. It still looked perfect.

She gaped up at him, carefully taking it in her hands, "How-"

"I bought it the day after you eyed it," he shrugged, "I was just waiting for the right time."

He gestured for her to slip it on and she did. She smiled at the more comfortable feeling. She sent a grateful look towards Jack, who simply winked and held out his arm to escort her.

She took it and they walked out to where the others were waiting. They could hear the announcer start the show above them.

"Everyone ready?" Danny asked.

They nodded.

A second later, the announcer called out for the Five Horseman to appear. The lift they stood on began to slowly rise to the top, revealing themselves on the stage.

Enthusiastic smiles graced their faces as they began to interact with the audience, waving and greeting them. Once the lift stopped, they spread out around the circular platform.

"Please welcome the Five Horseman!"

The crowd roared out cheers and applause. Eva could feel her heartbeat go a little faster than normal, not used to performing in front of so many people.

The applause went on for awhile until Danny calmed them down. He gestured for Henley to start her part.

"We're gonna do something never before seen on a Las Vegas stage!"

Jack came closer, "Or any stage, for that matter."

Danny hopped up onto the higher platform in the center. He spread his arms out in an open gesture, "Ladies and gentleman, tonight we are going to rob a bank."

The roaring of the crowd grew even louder. It caused the smiles on their faces to appear more genuine, especially Eva's.

"That's a lot of excitement for a crime," Danny observed.

Jack and Merritt did a chest bump as they passed each other on the platform. Henley and Eva exchanged high fives before moving to their next positions, which placed Eva in between Jack and Merritt.

"Now, who here has a bank they would like us to rob?" Danny called out. Once he saw how many people raised their hands, he laughed, "That's a lot of people with a vendetta. Alright, we'll choose one at random then."