Those green eyes

(Roe's P.O.V.)
I pulled on my dress, stretching it in all different directions. It was quite large and was very uncomfortable. "Roelynn! Quit it" Jackie one of the nurses said with a stern look. I stopped fiddeling with the dress and waited for her to finish my hair. "Let's go" she said turning around. I followed her with my gaze but then back at my bed. Where Mr Monty was sitting on. I quickly looked back at nurse Jackie before running towards the bed to get Mr Monty. "Well come one, Roelynn, we can't keep Mr Shelby waiting" she said clapping her hands indicating for me to move faster. Mr Shelby was someone who was funding the orphanage, or so I've heard. I ran past nurse Jackie and through the bedroom door, just to see her shake her head. We walked through the long hallway towards the largest room in the orphanage. Used for balls and for our dinner. But this time to host a charity gathering. We arrived in the large room and I got a dissaproving look from the head nurse, Angela. "Always gotta be the last one, huh, Roelynn" Angela said and pushed me forward. I walked down the aisle and sat on the bench I was told to sit. I pulled Mr Monty to my chest and simply waited. Soon the door opened and I turned to see who it was. It was a male and he looked at everyone while he took his peaked cap off.

 It was a male and he looked at everyone while he took his peaked cap off

He was interesting. He basically owned the room so I followed his moves. As he walked towards someone who was taking coats and jackets. He walked up to the bench to my right and sat down. Angela walked onto the stage and started to talk in the microphone. "I would like to welcome, Mr Thomas Shelby on stage" she commented and motioned towards the man I had seen walk through the door. He stood up, fixed his jacket and walked like a king towards the microphone. He started to speak and looked down at every kid. But he froze for a second when he met my eyes. Before continueing, but it took a couple of seconds before he got his king-like composure back. I didn't like the attention I was getting from the other people. So I put my head down and even pulled Mr Monty even more to my chest.

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
Those green eyes, those emerald green eyes. There was something familiar in the eyes of the littlest girl in front of me. That's why I stopped for a second. To think why her eyes ehere familiar to me. But I quickly snapped out of it and continued my speech. I kept my eye on the little one and saw that she was not enjoying the attention from the others. She put her head down and hugged her teddy bear. I watched the head nurse walk towards the girl and softly took her from the bench.

(Roe's P.O.V.)
After we had left the ballroom, I felt nurse Angela's hand tighten around my wrist and she harshly pulled me behind her. I whinced in pain as I tried keeping up her pace. But it was no use, she was just to big incomperances to me. I heard her mumble underneath her breath about me always wanting to steal the attention, me being a brat and all sort of nasty things. I may be young but I'm more mature than the other kids my age. So I knew what she all meant and it was true. I felt my eyes water but I told myself not to cry. Cause the nurses dont accept crying. But sadly she heard me sniffle and whimper and she stopped us both in her tracks. Before pulling me in front of her. She hovered over me and she gave me an angry look. This posture always has frightened me so I made myself smaller and I hid behind Mr Monty. But she snatched him away from me and threw him away and onto the floor. I reached for him but I was held in place. She grabbed my face and made me look at her. "You stop crying right now. Or I'll give you something to cry about. Do you understand, Roelynn?" She asked sternly. I nodded and stopped making any noise. She stood back up and looked down at me with her hands on her hips. "I wanted to tell you to go to your room. But you somehow managed to get Mr Shelby's attention and if you're not at the event for the rest of the night. He'll start asking questions" she was not really talking to me but just talking outloud. "Go" she then said and pushed me away, back towards the ballroom. I quickly made my way to Mr Monty grabbing him from the floor before walking back to the ballroom. I sneaked a look back at head-nurse Angela who was still standing in the hallway. Before I went back into the ballroom.

Published: 8th of April 2021