10/10

"What the hell..."

The man took a second to recover from the shock, and then he was letting go of the knife to grab his gun. Daryl reacted too, grunting in pain as he reached to kick the man as best as he could while tied to the chair, trying to stop him from shooting at Dana, but it didn't seem like she needed his help, Dana had already recharged and she shot at the man, who dropped to the ground with a bleeding bullet hole on his chest.

Dana's eyes found Daryl's then, and that rage and murder that had been reflecting on them seemed to suddenly vanish. She seemed about to walk to him when Daryl saw a man appearing at the door, bleeding from what seemed a gunshot to his left shoulder as if Dana had shot him already, but it seemed he had found the strength to try and fight back again, holding a knife.

"Watch out!" Daryl warned her, but Dana was already turning around, grunting as she hit the man with the rifle, aiming for his injured shoulder, and the man cried out in pain, falling to his knees when Dana hit him again. She kicked the man to the ground and knelt next to him, taking his knife and stabbing him several times, the last one into the head. He hadn't died the first time, but now he'd for sure, and wouldn't come back.

Then she headed towards Daryl, and even though she was his kitten, Daryl had to admit that with her clothes, hair and face splattered in blood and that look in her dark, fiery eyes, she was intimidating, seeming taller than she was, strong as she was, and wild and feral as she had been, as she could still be sometimes. She knelt down next to the other man and sank the knife into his head too.

Then, she looked at Daryl, next to her on the chair, and he was almost surprised to see how quick her demeanor changed, her eyes lost its fierceness and rage, and instead, they seemed to dwell with tears. Still knelt down, Dana moved closer to him, looking at the arrow embedded in his shoulder with wet, scared eyes, and then at his bruised, bleeding face. She reached to, ever so gently, stroke the side of his face, tears falling down her eyes, before she moved even closer, holding her forehead against his, and Daryl was shocked to hear her sobbing, her tears wetting his face.

"Hey...it's okay..." Daryl whispered, nuzzling her forehead with his, ignoring the pain in the bleeding cut on his forehead and eyebrow. "I'm okay..."

Dana pulled back, looking at him and around, taking a deep breath, and then she took the knife again to cut the ropes that tied Daryl's arms, and when he was free, he wrapped one around Dana to pull her closer, letting out a grunt of pain, resting his forehead against hers, feeling dizzy from the pain, but he tried to clear his mind.

Dana was still looking at him with wide, scared eyes, before focusing her gaze on the arrow that stuck from his shoulder. She knew better than to yank it out, but she broke part of the stick to make it shorter, and Daryl couldn't help but grunt in pain. "Sorry..." Dana whispered. "What do I do...I...I don't know..."

"Hey..." Daryl groaned as he reached out to cup Dana's face, making her look at him. "It's gonna be okay..." He tried to reassure her and tried to think what to do too. "Just....get something to tie down on my arm to slow the bleeding, yeah?" Dana nodded, swallowing hard, and she just tore a strip of fabric from her shirt, tying it around his arm tight, and Daryl couldn't help his whimper at it, and he groaned in pain too when Dana ripped another piece of fabric and pressed it against the wound on his eyebrow.

"I'm sorry..." Dana bit her lip, stroking his face, her eyes wet.

"It's okay..." Daryl murmured, closing his eyes tight before opening them again, trying not to pass out. "Let's go..."

Daryl groaned as he tried to get up, feeling his shoulder and his ribs burning. Dana rushed to reach out her arms for him and Daryl leaned into her. He felt like shit, the only time he'd felt like that was when he fell down a ravine and managed to impale himself with one of his arrows...the prison was way further from there than Hershel's farm had been from the river, and Daryl realized that he didn't know if he was going to make it, if he was going to be able to reach the prison. He looked at Dana...he really didn't want to make her drag him through the woods to the prison, it was more than a day walking, and he didn't know if he might die on her after all. He couldn't do that to her. He didn't know what to do, though, now that she was there...which, actually...