Seungmin's face turned sad. Unlike Hyunjin's voice which was blunt and emotionless, his eyes told a different story. It showed some emotions Seugmin could see.

Trapped.

Facade.

Masked.

It was like he couldn't show his true self. It was like he was tied with strings which were being pulled by someone else. It was like he was wearing a mask to hide his actual feelings.

Seungmin didn't know. Seungmin didn't understand. He didn't understand himelf. He didn't understand himself for feeling bad for a person who has been treating him miserably for 3 years.

"It's not... I'm sorry.. I just got mad and said whatever not knowing..."

Hyunjin didn't answer. He just looked down. He saw Seungmin approaching him with his chair and sitting down next to him.

"You know, if you did want people to like you for something that's not your looks, then maybe you should've tried being nice to people." He smiled, putting his hand on the tall haired boy's shoulder.

"I-I just...."

"Well maybe we can get along. I can help, you know." He smiled.

"Do you wanna work on the project tonight? If you want and if your parents are okay with it?"

"Yeah it's fine. My dad isn't home so we can work on it.... not like he ever was...."

He mumbled the last part which Seungmin didn't understand. "Huh? Come again?"

"No. Nothing. We can work on the project." Hyunjin said, going back to his usual frowning face.

"That's great!"

-

Detention ended in a blink. Mr.Kim never came and Seungmin was thankful for that, cause he probably won't even the amount of small courage he had to talk to hyunjin if the said professor was there.

"Do we have to take the bus?"

"Well, duh. Unlike you I don't have a personal driver to drive me anywhere I want." Seungmin answered.

"Ugh. I hate buses."

"Yeah just be glad I'm taking the bus and not making you walk. I always have to walk to my house."

Hyunjin rolled his eyes as the bus arrived. Hyunjin took out a book from his bag to get rid of his boredom during the way home.

"What you reading?" Seungmin asked, glancing at the small book.

"None of your business." Hyunjin moved the book away and stuck his tongue out.

"Oh, poems? Hwang Hyunjin loves poems, who would've guessed?" Seungmin snickered.

"Shut up, Seung." Hyunjin rolled his eyes again. "Hey wait! Our project is about poems too, that means if you like poems we'll do great!" Seungmin said.

"Yeah I doubt that we'll even cooperate"

"Ugh. you'll never change, Hwang."

They spend the rest of the bus ride bickering and with silly jokes.

-

"Oh son, who's the friend you have there?" His mom asked.

"He's not my frienddd, mom. This is Hyunjin and-"

"Hyunjin?! Is that the boy who picks on you-" His dad said, ready to throw hands.

"Nonono dad stop, remember I told you, he's here to for our group project. Besides, we kind of worked things out. It's fine, chillax."

"Fine. But if he hurts you he's in trouble." He said as Seungmin led the other boy upstairs.

"Sorry about my dad, he's a bit overprotective but he's doing it for me." The brunette chuckled.

"At least he is..."

-

"Wow, your room is filled with photos.. It's... Pretty..." Hyunjin said.

"Thanks" Seungmin chuckled, taking the camera. "i like photography." He said as he clicked a picture of an unready Hyunjin.

"Hey- come back here! Delete that!" Hyunjin chased after the laughing boy as he ran away with the camera.

Seungmin tripped, causing him to fall and Hyunjin to fall right on top of him too. Perhaps he had never noticed before cause it wasn't often he saw the other's face so close, Seungmin had really pretty eyes.

"You wanna get up or not?" Seungmin chuckled, making Hyunjin realize that Seungmin offered him his hand to get up. He slowly took it, blushing.

What he didn't realize was that his sleeve rolled up while taking the other boy's hand and getting up.

"Hyunjin?"

"Yeah?"

"Why's there a bruise on your hand?"

-

-𝙈𝘼𝙎𝙆𝙀𝘿-

-𝙈𝘼𝙎𝙆𝙀𝘿-