||2||

"How did you get here, Ace?" he got up and started dusting his pants off and made a gesture telling me to come with him. I took the offer and dust myself up.

Following him, Infront of us there is a small sailing ship, I stepped closer, admiring it. Looking on the deck, there sat his belongings.

"I'm a pirate" Ace said and smiled leaning against the boat "I made a promise to someone"

Oh...

"Wait. So why are you here?" I said while going beside him to lean against the boat too. "I'm finding nakama who would sail with me" he said as he played the sand below, kicking it away.

"So (Name), why are you sleeping out here?" It was my turn to answer the question so I just made a hand gesture which indicates, who knows.

"I always sleep there, you know, it's because it is quiet and it is the most peaceful place for me around this village. Anywhere is just a meh" I told him then cringed at a sudden images of the crazy place I am living in came in mind.

By now, the sun is slowly going up and it looked much beautiful than ever. I paused for a moment and admired it before it fully sets in the sky. After that I decided that it is time to finally go home.

We were walking by the seashore making our way to the village. We had spent most of the time bickering earlier, but after that we must have just come to an agreement and became friends along the way, and that led to this conversation we were having right now.

"Why would you think so" he asked and turned towards me while walking backwards. So once again I explained it to him. I paused for a moment when I heard the loud catching music and squealed.

It's starting.

"When we get there you will understand" I said and held his hand to run towards the noise coming from the village.

From here on out, there is so much to see. It almost feels like a fiesta in the whole village. A loud music can be heard, which is played by the old musicians. A whole lot of flower scattered around the village, the house, the path, the trees, and so on. The whole village bloomed in it's own way.

"Woah" he was in awe when I looked at him then I suddenly hear his stomach growl and laughed a little.

"Well you are in luck, mister. Today is a special day" I said and he looked at me with glittering eyes and drool coming out of his mouth. I looked at him and nudge him forward so that he can start eating now.

When I looked back, he was rampaging around the meat surrounding him. Endless mountain of foods were served to him, which they took by surprise because of his big appetite.

Then, his face suddenly fell on the plate with a loud thump. I ran towards him and tried to wake him up, to no avail we all thought he died. Then I remembered that this had happened earlier too, and so, he suddenly woke up as if nothing happened and kept eating the remains of his food.

People were laughing at him because of the scene they had witnessed and continued to give him all the food he wants.

I made my way towards the tree on the hill and proceeds to sit on the grass, feeling the approaching air.

After awhile, I heard a little noise beside me so I looked then saw Ace sitting down on the empty space beside me. The music is still too loudly as we can hear all throughout the island.

"You're not joining in?" He said while holding his stomach. "Maybe later, I just want a peace of mind first" I said then looked out the front again.

"Well... Ok" he said then started dozing off, again. I just laughed it off and started daydreaming again...

"(Name) come 'er!" someone called me from down the hill, the chief of the village.

"Just a sec' ossan" I shouted back and started dusting off dirt from behind my clothes. I turned around Ace and saw that he was still sleeping so I decide not to disturb his peaceful sleep and made my way towards the chief.

The chief made his way towards me and made an annoying face then started whispering "Who was that boy with ya'?" and then nudge my sides, teasing me.

I saw many of my friends also making that face, teasing me. I blushed at their sudden remarks and raised a brow on them.

"I just saw him by the sho-"

"Eh! You're at the shore again?!" almost all of them said in unison and I just brushed it off.

"I just slept ok? Is that not even allowed?"

I just wanted to escape for a second, please.

"If you say so... But please tell us beforehand if ya' do so, would ya'?" the chief said and this time he was deadpan serious. So, I just sighed and said ok to them then smiled a little.

I know they are just looking out for me, and I know I cannot get out of this island, but sometimes, I just really wanna be free. Thoughts aside, the questions about Ace started again.

"So (Name) who is he?"

"Mind telling us who?"

"Please introduce us"

And so on, that we didn't notice him actually making his way towards us. He was walking while rubbing his head and yawning as if a newborn baby.

Oh boy.

"What's happening 'round here?" Ace said while standing next to me. Almost everyone surrounded him, asking different questions and so he answered them one by one.

"The name is Ace, Portgas D. Ace. I am a Pirate" He said then smiled afterwards.

"EHHHH!!!" everyone screamed again as they could not believe what they heard from him. And so, they started running in front of me holding their own weapons that they got at who knows where.

"Protect (Name)!"

"Don't let the Pirate near her!"

"Bind the Pirate!"

Was all we could hear from them whilst Ace and I were just looking at each other.

"Everyone, calm down please... He won't harm anyone" I step up and infront of Ace to ease the commotion happening. They stopped for awhile and started shouting that I should not come near him because he might harm me or anything.

"Everyone. Stop. Please" I said earning their attention. I turned to Ace and gave him an apologetic smile which in return, he smiled back at me.

"Ace is a good guy. He's currently here because he is setting out at the seas, not because he knows something here at our island. He means no harm." I said and grabbed Ace by his arm and away from the crowd.

"So, why were they protective of you?" he said in a low tone, whispering to me as we walked.

"I'll tell you later. For now, let's get out of here"