Chapter 7 - Escape?

Start from the beginning

He takes her extended hand in his, "We can do this."

____________________________________

Singhania Mansion

Balvant- "Has anyone seen Veer."

Meera- "No Balvant uncle. And Bani is also missing. I think they are together only as the left the house together."

Balvant- "Tapish, call them."

Tapish- "Already tried dad. Both their phones are not reachable."

Ponky- "Veer bhai must have gone off somewhere. What's the big deal?"

Pavan- "Yes bhaiya, he used to leave house like that earlier also for some impromptu trip, party or something."

Balvant- "Yes but that has not happened since he got married. And earlier also he used to atleast inform us if we was going for long."

Pavan comes and keeps a hand on his shoulder, "Bhaiya you worry too much. Veer can take care of himself. And don't forget Bani is also with him."

Balvant- "With the situations he gets himself into, who can blame me for worrying? But we will wait a few more hours for him to return before we do anything.

________________________________________

Tilisimi Cave

"We can do this?"

"We can do this."

Veer and Bani join both their hands with the each other. Both close their eyes and focus on their breathing. Slowly they enter into a meditative trance. Still in the meditative state, they look into their minds and souls, finding a soft golden light coming from somewhere. They go deeper and deeper inside; following their respective golden lights which are growing brighter the further they go. And then they finally found what they were looking for!

Veer finally reaches the center from where the light was coming. It was so bright that he had to shield his eyes for a moment. Slowly he opened his eyes to see the golden light in the shape of an eagle. Not just any random eagle but his own eagle form. There, he had found his magical core.

He slowly reaches to touch his core, it was softly pulsating. It was hot but not a burning kind of hot but that of comfortable and loving kind of warm. He could feel his full power within his reach. The wings of his eagle were wrapped around itself in a protective gesture probably sensing that his soul and body was in trouble.

He could see two strings which were connected to his core, moving out from there. One string was a light golden one and he could feel it was connected to the person next to him, Ahh Bani, his wife and his mate. Eagles mated for life and this string connection was the proof that they were irrevocably bound together, atleast for this life. The string would grow stronger and brighter as their relationship grew.

He wondered if Bani would also be able to see this in her mind. And did snakes also mate for life? He would have to ask her later. For now, he moved towards the other string. It was an angry, dark red string. It connected his magical core with the net. Oh so this is how it is draining our powers. Like electricity passes through a wire, similarly his power were passing via this string to the net.

Bani also reached her magical core in her meditative state. Hers was obviously in the form of a snake. The snake was coiled tightly around itself and ready to strike. She also approached her core. But instead of two, three strings were connected to it.