First Step

Seth POV
It's been 2 weeks since Ashley had her triplets and 3 since we found out we were expecting.
Our first appointment is today and I can't say I'm not nervous and I can tell Bex is too.
We arrived a few minutes early but we are able to go in right away because the family scheduled before us canceled.
"Hello Mr and Mrs Lopez, how are we today?"
"Good! We are both nervous but very excited to see where this takes us!" Becky said s with a bright smile.
"Well first things first we need to do a little blood work to make sure your levels are ok and it will also confirm the pregnancy."
I look over to Becky who had gone a little pale, so I stand up and sit her on my lap holding her hand, as I feel her relax into me.
Yes she's a tough badass woman on TV but in real life she hates needles which is understandable.
"Ok." She says nervously but holds my hand and turns her head into my shoulder, before the doctor draws her blood and takes the needle out of her arm.
"All done! I'll get the test running and we can do an ultrasound while we wait for the results!"
"Yay!" She says her skin going back to its normal color and her face lighting up a little at hearing we get to see our little baby.

Becky POV

God I hate needles.
After all that, the doctor has me lie down and lift my shirt to expose my abdomen, which has a tiny bit of elevation to it now, and he puts a cold gel on the slight bump before using the probe to spread it around and turning the monitor screen towards Colby and I.
"I...it's real."
"Yes babe it's real." I smile and laugh a little.
I'm not sure why or how but at that exact moment I saw the little baby growing inside me, I felt something change like something clicked, it all felt right and I felt an overwhelming urge to protect this little thing till it is big enough to protect itself and even then I might not let go.