passion

Imagine: Going to visit Edmund at his first house after almost getting married and he professes his love for you, which he should've done in high school

•kind of out of the norm in terms of style. enjoy!

I went to ring the doorbell and looked around the street. An old woman walked her Dalmatian and a family were cleaning their garage across the street. It was perfectly suburban. I looked back just as the door opened and was face to face with Edmund Pevensie, my high school crush and ex-best friend. I expected him to ask how I'd gotten the address or how I had found him after all these years. But he didn't.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"I am too." I replied, "It was never supposed to be."

"He didn't deserve you." He said.

"Maybe not." I shrugged and turned to walk away.

"(y/n), wait, I love you!" He blurted out.

I stopped and looked back at him. There was so much space between us and although we were half way through our twenties he still looked seventeen to me. My eyebrows pushed together slightly then they relaxed.

"You mean it?" I asked. He nodded.

I walked slowly to him and he picked me up immediately, closing the door behind us. He kissed me and then place me on his kitchen counter to kiss me more passionately. It was a kind of hunger I'd never noticed in him. It was as if he was making up for years of loss.

"(y/n)..." He murmured, continuing to kiss me, "I should've said this in high school. I've always loved."

"I've always loved you too." I smiled and then moaned as he kissed my neck. Then he stopped and looked at me.

"Would you like something to drink?" He asked.

"That'd be great." I grinned and we resumed our kiss.