Chapter 7| Powers

Start from the beginning

"Have you guys started yet?"

"No", Pepper answered and rubbed the boy's arm. "She is very happy you're here I thought you were going to be late but you're right on time!" Peter chuckled and walked towards the tube and placed his hand on it. Juliette did the same and they just smiled at eachother.

"How you feeling?", Peter asked her worried that she might feeling uncomfortable in there.

"I'm doing okay but I really need to pee." Peter laughed and snorted earning a weird glance from everyone.

"Well hold it in we don't want any accidents." Juliette gave him a look and said sarcastically; "no, I'll just let it out."

Peter continued to laugh but was cut off by a buzzing sound. "Peter,Juliette we are ready to start!", Pepper spoke. Peter waved and stepped back next to Pepper.

Some bald old man grabbed a woki toki and began giving instructions. "Alright Juliette Frost, the first task we will have you do is a fire task. The helmet on your head is set so that you won't be able to control your powers so we will be able to see and identify all of them. Are you ready to begin?"

Juliette nodded her head and stood at the back of the tube.
"Okay, ingage flame protocol."

A little part of the floor opened up and flames appeared the compartment closed and the flames began to grow. They were small so Juliette had nothing to worry about.

As the man said, she couldn't control her powers so she put her two palms out and frost started to blast out of her hands. By seconds the flames were gone and a big smile grew on her face.

"Good job Jules, you did an amazing job!", Pepper applauded. "Okay so now we know that she can create frost from her hands now we shall move on to the second round", the old man spoke. "Juliette don't be alarmed these flames are much bigger."

The component opened once more and large flames started shooting out. They were much bigger than before and Juliette had never seen anything like it.

She began to tremble and was losing her confidence Peter noticed this and began to walk towards the tube but Pepper caught his arm.

"She will be fine Pete. She can handle herself." Peter ignored this and walked up to the glass anyways. "Are you okay?", he asked her with worried eyes.
The flames were getting bigger and it was edging closer to her.

"Stop the fire", Peter demanded. "But Mr. Parker the project isn't finished-"
"I said stop it!", he cut him off. With trembling hands, he pressed the turn off button but nothing happened.

"Why isn't it stopping?" Pepper asked beginning to worry as well. "I-I don't know. I pressed it several times the button must be broken." Peter immediately started pounding on the tube. Since Juliette could hear everything she started hyperventilating.

"Peter you won't be able to brake that its indestructible!",Pepper informed him running to the tube as well.

"Jules, Jules can you hear me?", Peter asked. She turned her hand slightly and barely nodded. "Jules if you can handle an avalanche, what's a bit of fire?" Juliette stood up at his words and her palms came out again. "You can do this Jules!"

With a big yell large amounts of snow was create by yours truly and all the flames had gone away and Juliette was left on her knees with all the energy taken out of her.

"Okay, so I think that's enough for today", Pepper confirmed.
The glass door was open and Peter ran inside and pulled Jules into her arms.

"Are you alright?", he asked while brushing her hair with his fingers in a smooth manner. "Yes, I-I'm just extremely tired." Peter pouted.

"I guess that means you're too exhausted to go to the fair." Jules faced her head upwards and played with her hands. "I guess we can reschdule?", she asked hopefully.

"What about tomorrow night?" "Sounds like a date!" Peter blushed and stopped brushing her hair. With red cheeks she stammered; "I-I didn't mean a date... I just meant like a hang out-", Peter cut her off. "I'm just teasing I get it".

Two men carried her to her new room which was decorated very quickly and looked really pretty. "Bye I'll see you tomorrow", Peter waved and was about to walk away but Juliette's soft voice stopped him. "Peter i'm scared." He gave her a puzzled look.

"Of what?"

"You know what happened in there, what if that happens again but next time I won't be able to stop it." Peter took a seat next to her on her bed. "Juliette,everyone needs a little practice to get used to their powers and learn how to control them. My first time swinging wasn't really a fun time I hit 3 poles and two buildings." Juliette laughed and lied down comfortably.

"But what if I become very dangerous. I don't even know all my powers yet." Peter put a hand on her shoulder.

"Then we will figure them out together."

~~~

I know I haven't posted in a while but I really never have time and I started to get in all the avengers movies and TV shows and I finished like 2 weeks ago and I've been reading spiderman fanfiction so is been a lot. Anyways, hope you guys had a nice day! :p

-Jenna