Part 1

Peter noticed that there were more people than usual gathered outside the school when he arrived. He had just come back from his house, going home for the weekend to restock on his supplies of various hostess snacks. There was a gym bag slung over his shoulder filled with them and a new walkman which just happened to end up in his bag when he was speeding through a convenience store. Totally not stealing.
There seemed to be an event of some kind going on, he cocked his head to the side and took another bite of his twinkie, his fifth one in the last hour. There also seemed to be a lot of noise and faint music coming from the house. Maybe Charles finally decided to loosen up and let him have the summer party he'd been bugging him about for the last couple months. He took one last bit of this Twinkie before readjusting his goggles and zooming up the path that led to the school. Time slowed as he picked up speed, the bees that buzzed past seemed to move in slow motion, he smirked and sped up even more.

He came to a stop a few meters away from the entrance of the school. Even as he stopped the world around him remained frozen, everyone stuck in their current positions, as he was free to roam. Peter looked around and saw a banner hanging from the archway of the school. It read, New Students Welcome. The writing was clearly Jubilee's and it was covered in glitter, as he passed underneath it some of it rained down on him. It was colored blue and yellow, horrible color choices in his opinion. So it was orientation day then, not his summer bash of the century, bummer. That didn't mean he couldn't have some fun messing with the newbies. Charles was sitting outside the school, hand extended greeting a new student. 

Peter ran up to the student and messed up his perfectly combed hair and flicked his finger against his chest every so slightly. He then proceeded to terrorize the rest of the newcomers, tying their shoelaces together or swapping their suitcases with one another. He even messed with some of the school's current students, stealing Scott's sunglasses, moving Jean away from Scott and posing her and some new kid so it looked like they were making out. Placing a spider in Jubilee's hair. 

He stood back and admired his handwork, planning on zooming away to his dorm before getting caught. But then he saw Kurt out of the corner of his eye. Of course this wouldn't be complete without messing with his favorite blue buddy. As he ran up to Kurt he noticed that he was talking to someone with a smile frozen on his features. That was rare, Peter slug his arm around Kurt and followed his eyes to see who was making him smile in that way. It was a girl with (y/h/l) (y/h/c) hair, she was wearing a Queen hand shirt tucked into a pair of blue jean shorts. Her hair was blowing around her face, which was lit up in a brilliant smile, eyes squeezed shut as she laughed at something that Kurt had just said.

Peter felt himself smile as he looked at you, maybe with you here this place wouldn't be as unbearable. A tinge of annoyance wiggled his way into his heart at the fact that you were laughing with Kurt instead of with him. He continued to stare at you until he realized the whole reason he had come over to you guys to begin with. He took out a sharpie he had pocketed from the convenience store, he popped the cap out with his teeth and twirled it for a moment before deciding what to do with it. He decided to doodle a mustache on Kurt's upper lip. He then turned to you, marker still in hand. He looked at you for a moment more before deciding that he wasn't going to mess with you, at least for now. That was until he saw the yellow scrunchie on your wrist. Surely you wouldn't notice if it went missing, and if you did he'd have a reason to talk to you. He slipped it off your arm holding your hand in his, taking a silent note of how well it fit in his own. He took the scrunchie and stuffed it into his pocket along with the Sharpie. He then made a move to dash away thinking about how he could dash back and make a grand entrance. One that would hopefully impress you. 

But fate had other plans as he moved to run. He tripped over Kurt's tail and landed flat on his face. Time caught up with him and everything seemed to happen all at once. The new kid fell back on his butt, Jubilee screamed for someone to get the spider off her, Jean pushed away the kid that she had been set up with and Scott gritted his teeth in an annoyance. A loud collective shouting of Peter rang out.

Kurt poofed away in surprise and you let a little laugh out at his expense. Peter was sprawled out on the floor, hair a mess. He was cursing under his breath about Kurt and his stupid tail and how he was gonna chop it off one of these days. He made a move to try and get up before you noticed him but Kurt reappeared on top of Peter. Peter let out a groan in protest of the unwelcomed weight. Kurt's voice joined the chorus of cursing Peter's name. You looked at Kurt with an eyebrow raised and let out an airy laugh "Peter? Who's Peter?"

An annoyed look rested on Kurt's face as he pointed down to the silver speedster still laying at your feet. You looked down to see Peter lying on the ground frozen as you locked eyes with him. He felt his face turn red and cleared his throat letting out a choked "Hi." An octave too high. He then got up a record speed, knocking Kurt off him, pushing past the crowd and disappearing inside the school. He clutched his gym bag to his chest trying to calm himself down as he ripped into a Twinkie. His heart was beating incredibly fast and he could feel his face getting warmer by the second. He couldn't believe that he had made such a fool out of himself in front of you. He pampered around the corner and saw you helping up Kurt with a smile on your face. Great, he had helped you guys get closer.

You helped Kurt back to his feet as you picked up the snack cakes that had fallen out of Pete's gym bag during his getaway. "Peter seems-"

Kurt cut you off, 'Annoying."

You let out a little snort. I was gonna say "interesting."

"If you say so." Kurt changed the subject and offered to carry in your bags. Your reluctantly gave him one and you both made your way into the school. Peter watched you two as you came in and promised that the next time you meant he wouldn't make a fool out of himself.