Can of Worms (Ch. 18)

CW/TW: Brief depiction of an anxiety attack, brief mention of alcohol, brief mention of death (a car crash)

Your POV

I stood up and began walking towards the stairs.

"Do you require assistance? I can carry you up to your room," Slender Man asked.

"Oh, no, I'll be fine. I've managed so far. Thanks though," I continued my venture up, "By the way, you know how you teleport?"

"Yes."

"Does it hurt?"

"No, I don't feel any pain."

Opening my door, I continued my questions, "What does it feel like?"

"Hm. I do not believe I have given it much thought. It feels as though it has been years since I did it for the first time," Slender Man stood at the door, looking up and trying to think, "I suppose the best description is... Weightless. As if the world does not exist around you. The world goes quiet before a brief sound, similar to the static you hear. It does not take long to do it and the feeling never lasts."

I grabbed my history notebook and sprawled on the bed, "Interesting. Would you ever... I don't know, help me get somewhere? Teleportation sounds quick."

Slender Man took the seat he had last night, moving it closer to me, "Perhaps. However, I should warn you. Imagine how you felt the first and second time I entered your mind. Now imagine the feeling you had when I first spoke to you. It is very likely, possibly certain, that you will feel far worse than those moments until you adjust to the feeling. Some of the victims I have... Taken care of, have fainted or regurgitated when teleporting them."

I scrunched my face, "Ick, gross. But still, I'd like to go visit some places. I'm pretty sure I could handle it if I put my mind to it. I'm tougher than I let on, you know."

He chuckled, "Dear, believe me, I am just as easily able to enter your mind and coax you into divulging your true limits as I am able to break those limits. You need not lie or push yourself."

I felt a blush creep up at the word 'dear,' "Not lying."

"Of course not. Now, I believe you mentioned something about history," he said, a smile in his words.

"Right, history," I said, opening up my notebook to a list of questions I have to answer in my final essay. It's weeks in the future, but better now with help than later with... Whatever the hell I can be called.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Can we take a break, please?" I whined, burying my face in my pillow.

"A break? But you have done so much already, why stop now?" Slender Man asked, reading the list.

"Because! It feels like we've been at this for hours!"

"Five hours, to be exact."

I groaned, "That's enough."

I felt the notebook leave from under my hand. I maneuvered the pillow over my head, groaning louder, "I'm hungry."

"I figured as much."