*.☽ .* :☆゚⁵. ─── impossible to understand

- ͙۪۪̥✧*

- ͙۪۪̥✧*

THE NEXT MORNING, AN OVERWHELMED AQUILA FOUND HERSELF seated in front of the youngest Weasley, attempting to win a game of Wizarding Chess

THE NEXT MORNING, AN OVERWHELMED AQUILA FOUND HERSELF seated in front of the youngest Weasley, attempting to win a game of Wizarding Chess. She hadn't slept well the previous night, and had been jolted awake quite early by the commotion caused round the mansion prior to Potter's Ministry hearing, although she had pretended to sleep through it all. She vacillated between wanting his expulsion and wanting him back at Hogwarts. The fleeting feeling that she might even miss bickering with him nagged at her — even Malfoy hadn't been as much on the receiving ends of her insults as Potter. Then, she wouldn't ever feel so indecisive over Malfoy's expulsion, Hogwarts could do without that pure-blood supremacist. Potter on the other hand was a different sort of annoying. Stupid and arrogant he might be, but his brain was in the right place when it came to picking the right side to be on.

A rough blow on her forehead throttled her out of her daze. She looked up at Ginny, who raised her eyebrow at her. "Your move."

Aquila picked the knight the redhead had thrown at her, fidgeting with it. "I am trying to think—" she said, her thoughts far from the game, now dwelling on how she had later overheard Mrs Weasley complain about how impossible it was to cut Potter's unruly hair to make him presentable for the Hearing. She had felt an absurd sense of relief on knowing she hadn't succeeded in trimming them, there was something about the way those soft curls fell on his forehead she wouldn't want gone.

"You're certainly not thinking about the game, love," said Ginny, picking up a pawn to throw at her.

"Of course I am!" Aquila exclaimed, squeezing the knight with such force that it popped out of her grip and fell flat on the game-board. "I'm trying to come up with a strategy! A well-thought strategy takes time. Ron would agree."

"Ron never takes that much time, so no, he won't. And you are not even looking at the game board."

"Because I was deep in thought," retorted she, reverting her gaze to the checkered board and scanning the pieces for a moment before the clutches of her mind pulled her back to the infuriating Gryffindor. She snuck a glance at the wall-clock. It had been quite a bit, they must've divulged their verdict by now.