Chapter 4

"Nat, have you ever heard of relaxing?" I glared at Jordan and he put his hands up to say he was surrenduring. 

"I have, but right now I feel like crying, slapping you, and sleeping, so if I want to keep these hormones in check, I need to work." I looked into Jordan's eyes and gave a tired sigh. I dropped my pen and I pinched the bridge of my nose. I felt the tears burn the back of my eyes. "I'm just so tired, J. I dont know what to do." 

"Hey, it's fine. You aren't alone. You have me and if you need anything, just tell me." He came up behind me and started massaging my shoulders. I still hadnt stopped crying so he kept masssging. All of a sudden, the door busted open and Caroline popped in grinning widely. 

"Hey Natalie, guess what I ju-" Her smile faltered when she saw Jordan's hands all over me, but she covered up all the jealousy that was clearly written all over her face. The only place she couldnt hide it was in her eyes. "I'm sorry, did I interrupt something?" She scowled and I just sighed. Jordan took his hands off of my shoulders and turned me in my chair and pointed his finger in my face. 

"Remember what I said. I'm so serious because we definitely need you, so dont over do it." I nodded and he smiled at me, then nodded at Caroline and walked out of the room. I so wished he would just kiss me, but that was impossible with his ex wife sitting 10 feet away from me. 

"So what was that about, Natalie?" Her accusatory tone caused my defense mode to shoot up, even if she was right to accuse me. 

"Nothing, just forget it." She scoffed and crossed her arms. I knew an arguement was about to happen, but I really didn't have the energy to fight with her. 

"Forget it? How can I, when my husband who hardly touches me, had his hands all over you. Then when I come in, you start talking in half code and when I ask what it was about, you tell me to forget it. How can I freaking forget it?" Her voice rose at the last part and that sent me over the edge.

"No! That is your EX husband. He is my business partner and one of my best friends. I was stressing out just now and he was calming me down and if you must know I'm pregnant! I didnt tell you first because of your state after the divorce, no matter how much you denied it, you are still suffering in silence. So I will tell you to forget when you see Jordan in here with me and I will talk in code when you walk in the room, got it?" By the end of my rant I was breathing hard and standing up. I brushed past her and walked out of the room. 

When I looked around, I realized I had been talking loudly because everyone in the office was glancing at me worridly and slightly scared. I just relaxed my shoulders and smiled sweetly at everyone. "Ms. Palmer, I couldn't help but hear your arguement in there and I just wanted to let you know that if I can do anything to help take some of the load off, I will." I looked at Cynthia and smiled and felt my eyes water. 

Cynthia was an older woman, probably in her 40s and she was such a help around the office. What she didnt know was that I was already going to talk to Jordan about getting me an assistant and she was my number one choice. "Thank you, Cynthia. It really means alot to me to hear you say that." I smiled once again and made my way to Jordan's office. I didnt knock but instead just walked in andwas shocked at what I saw. 

Caroline was sitting in his lap kissing down his neck while Jordan was trying to push her away and was pulling away from her. Pride swelled in my chest when I saw how little he wanted her and how every night, he couldn't keep his hands off of me. I cleared my throat loudly to catch the ttention of them both.  When Jordan's eyes came in contact with mine, I saw the utter panic in them and he completely pushed Caroline off then. 

"Nat!" I shook my head and smiled. I looked him right in the eye and smiled and nodded. I wasnt mad at him, actually all my anger was aimed at ripping my best friend's eyes out of their sockets right now.