"Stay over for tonight"

Start from the beginning

But then she simply says one thing,

"You're not crazy, dude." She says with a bland tone. "Those things that you see are curse spirits and only few people can see it. You'd be considered gifted in the Jujutsu world."

"Jujutsu?"

"Yes, sorcery."

Maki confirms that she's apart of it too, but doesn't delve too deep into it.

His eyes perk up from the news, a big smile stretching from the corner of his lips.

"Holy crap. I was right.."

She stares, confused and the boy puts his hands up, almost making a fit out of it.

He read too many conspiracy theories and stories to convince himself there are actual sorcerers amongst them, exorcising spirits. And now that he knows it's not all imagination, he laughs out and Maki feels more uncomfortable by that.

"W-Wait, but you said I could be gifted? So does that mean, that I too can be a sorcerer?!" He almost jumped out of his seat in delight but she stops him,

"Not necessarily. There are humans who can see them but can't exorcise them. If you were actually a sorcerer, you should've showed the signs at a young age."

"Aww.." He frowns a bit before his ears jump at the alert heard on the television nearby. The music in the background immediately stops playing.

Everyone looks at television screen as the anchor gives news a flash flood will likely occur tonight.

Tamaki sighs.

'Well, looks like dad isn't coming at all today and tomorrow.'

He loved the winter and the constant rain they've been getting, but a flood wasn't something to be excited about. He then pays attention to Maki and he looks carefully at her.

He swore he heard a tiny, scared whimper coming out her lips. She grits her teething her body looks like she's shaking a bit.

He looks in her eyes,

"Hey..do you have some place to go?" He asked and she looks at him before avoiding his stare.

"N-Not really.." She confesses and he can't help but probe some more.

"Look..uhh.." He waits for her to introduce herself. To finally give a name. She didn't to at first, but then she finally gives in. She refused to be called hero by this guy once more.

"Maki. Just Maki." Her surname didn't matter.

But then he smiles before letting loose a small chuckle.

"What's so funny?" She asked.

"Nothing it's just..your name is literally just mine with the Ta at the beginning.."

"So, what's your name, trouble seeker?" She asked and he's suddenly taken aback by her unusual nickname for him.

"It's Tamaki, Tamaki Hatsumi."

'Hatsumi?' That almost rings a bell to Maki.

'Could it be? There's no way..'