Once we were at the door, Liam unlocked it using the key that Paul had probably sent him. We filed in, stopping when we were all inside.

 “Holy cow.” Niall stated, and we all nodded our heads silently in agreement with what he said.

 The inside of the house was just as beautiful as the outside. Everything, from the floor the the walls to the rafters, was made of sleek, polished wood. It had a homey feeling, but was still quite extravagant. There were soft looking couches sitting around a glass coffee table, a soft rug underneath, in the middle of the room. On the wall to our right there was a large fire place, filled with wood, that looked ideal for snuggling up in cold weather. Not many decorations were placed around to room, but not many were needed. The house had a very simple elligence.

 I had certainly seen my fair share of big houses; Mansions, condos, penthouse suites, but none were quite like this one. Honestly, if I had to pick a favorite in all my years of traveling around from home to home, this would be it.

 “This is... wow.” Was all Louis could say, and we shared a laugh at his speechlessness. He always had something to say, but it looked like the house had shut up him up for once.

 “I can see why you like this place so much,” Harry said to Elena, setting his heavy suitcase down beside him, giving his arm a rest.

 “We should probably pick rooms.” Liam stated, being the practical one as always.

 Elena turned her head around just enough to give me a wink. Immediately, I knew what she was thinking, and smirked. winking back.

 Without warning, Elena shot forward towards the staircase that lead upstairs, then shouted “First one to each room gets dibs!”

 Harry, Louis, Liam, and Niall screamed, dropped their cases, and ran after her, desperate for a good room. I followed after, but not quite as fast, glad that Elena had helped me out.

 I walked up the stairs, and was met with a long hallway. As I made my way down the wooden floor, I saw two doors on each side, and one on the end; All of them open.

 I glanced into the rooms on either side of me, seeing Louis and Harry laying on the beds in the rooms to my right, and Niall and Liam on the other side. Which means that the end room was mine.

 Once I was in the doorway, I peered in, a grin exploding on the face. This room was definitely the master: Larger than the others, and with a bigger bed. Elena was sitting on the edge of the light blue bed, leaning back on her hands, with a big smile.

 I walked up to her, chuckling, saying “You are the best.”

 “And don’t forget it!” She replied, lifting up a hand and high fiving me.

 “We have to unpack now,” I said, my smile dropping, as did hers.

 Another grin abruptly exploded on her face, as she quickly stood up, running to the door, and calling behind her, “RACE YA!”

 I chuckled, sprinting off after her.

                                                                            :~:~:

“Are we done yet?” Niall whined from the couch as I jogged down the stairs, Elena on my heels.

 “Yes, finally!” Louis cheered, slumping down on the cushion, sighing in exhaustion from unpacking.

 We were all pretty tired, and it was getting late when we had finally finished. We had found the rest of our clothing and possessions that had been shipped here, and organized our rooms, only taking a short break to order pizza for dinner.

 “What time is it?” Elena asked, staying standing, when all five of us had sat down.

 Checking my watch, I replied, “Almost 9.”

 “I should be going,” Elena sighed, and we protested.

 “No! Don’t go! We love you!” Harry fake cried into Louis’ shoulder.

 Elena giggled at his actions, going over to pat his head, “Don’t worry Harold, I’ll be back soon.”

 “Promise?” He looked up at her with puppy eyes.

 “Yes, I promise.” She spoke, chuckling. We said our goodbyes, giving her a few hugs, and making her promise about twenty times to come back.

 “Do need a lift home?” I asked her, and she smiled back at me.

 “Sure, that’d be great.”

 I turned to the guys, saying, “I’m gonna take Elena home, I’ll be right back.”

 “Okay, have fun!” Louis shouted cheekily, louder than necessary.

 Once Elena’s back was turned, and she was walking towards the door, Harry and Louis were shooting me suggestive grins, and wiggling their eye brows. I flipped them off, sending them into a fit of laughter, before grabbing the car keys off the table and walking to the door. Quickly I grabbed my jacket off the hook next to the the door, then turned to Elena.

 “What are they laughing about?” Elena asked me, looking strangely at the boys.

 “Don’t ask,” I muttered in response, opening the door for her. Elena shot me a wary glance, but stepped out of the house, and onto the gravel. Together, we walked down the drive to the car, side by side. About halfway there, I noticed her shiver as the cool, night air hit her, goosebumps popping up all over her skin.

 “Are you cold?” I asked, concerned.

 “No, I’m fine,” She lied.

 I swiftly shook my jacket off of me, then placed it over her shoulders. She swiveled her head to look at me quizzically, questioning, “What are you doing?”

 “Keeping you warm,” I smirked playfully. She giggled at me, shaking her head.

 “You’re an odd one Malik,” Elena stated, making her way around the car that we had now reached.

 I just chuckled to myself, jumping in the car, and turning it on. The engine roared to life, and we started on our way.

 We didn’t talk much during the ride, except for Elena giving me directions to the apartment building where she and her mom lived. She had wrapped my jacket tighter around her torso, making me smile like an idiot. I could tell she thought it was a sweet gesture, and that made my heart swell with pride at making her happy.

 Once we had reached our destination, I put the car in park. “I’ll walk you to the door,” I said, hopping out.

 I walked around the front of the car to Elena, and we jogged up to the entrance of the large brick building.

 “Thanks for the ride,” She said, turning to me, so that we were facing each other.

 “Anytime,” I replied, grinning. Elena began to unravel herself from my jacket, but I stopped her. “Keep it,”

 “But-” She tried to object.

 “Nope.” I stopped her, and gave her a look saying that I wouldn’t allow her to return it.

 She didn’t say anything more, and neither did I. We just stood there, staring into each others eyes. She was a few inches shorter than me, just enough so she had to look up slightly to meet my gaze.

 I watched as the grin slowly faded from her features, and her brown eyes analyzed my face. I couldn’t help but notice her beauty in the dimly lit atmosphere.

 Without my consent, my head started to lean down towards hers. Surprisingly, she just watched me; She didn’t try to stop me or flinch away. She just watched.

 I placed a slow, light, lingering kiss on her soft cheek, feeling her cool breath brush across my face. My heart was beating rapidly, and I could hear her breath hitch in her throat. Her silky hair lightly tickled my face, and I pulled away cautiously.

My gaze met hers, and she was looking at me with wide eyes. Immediately, I realized what I had done, and said a fleeting, “Goodbye,” Before walking quickly towards my car.