9.

Giselle
2am

"Stop, Abir." I whined playfully as he grabbed me, leaving kisses all over my face.

"Stop it." I begged and he finally let up, pulling back to look at me as a smile fell upon his face.

"You don't want my kisses?" He asked with raised eyebrows and I smiled small, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"No." I lied, poking my lips out and he leaned in to peck them.

"Oh aight." He said, plopping down beside me as we laid there, looking up at the ceiling.

"So..." I trailed off, intertwining our fingers.

"So what?" He teased, looking over at me.

"What are you going to do, Abir?"

"Are you going to start looking for jobs?" I blurted out since it was on my mind.

I wanted to know how he planned to do this. Though I had my doubts, I also had high hopes for what he'd promised me.

"Yeah.." He trailed off, licking his lips.

"I'm gon' put in for a few jobs and see what's up."

"Really?" I asked, lighting up inside while I looked over to him with a huge smile on my face.

"Look at you.." I squeezed his cheeks and he tried to hide his smile.

"Chill out." He smirked, trying to pull away but I didn't let him as I sat up and looked into his eyes.

"I'm really happy you're doing this. I'm proud of you." I told him as he licked his lips, looking deeply into my eyes.

"Thank you." Was all I said, getting serious.

"I know it's not easy for you but you're doing it anyway for me and our baby and I love you so much for that."

"I love you so much more, G." He looked into my eyes and I could see that he meant his words.

We were so deeply in love. It felt as if now it was even stronger than before I'd left 3 years ago. Now we had a baby on the way and I didn't want anything messing this up.

We were finally on the right track, from him being legal to him doing whatever he could to make me happy.

It was just a good feeling overall.

*

Next morning
10am

Awakening from my slumber, I slowly sat up in Abir's bed and rubbed the sleep out of my eye. The sun shined brightly into the room as I sat there collecting myself. As I did, I realized his house was completely quiet.

"Abir?" I called out but received nothing but silence in return.

"Where did he go?" I said to myself, considering he never just left me and didn't tell me where he was going.

He'd always say something first.

Leaning over, I grabbed my phone from off of the charger and saw that I had a missed call from Mila.

I'll call her back. I said to myself as I scrolled to Abir's contact.

As soon as I did, I could hear hard footsteps coming up the staircase and I immediately put my phone down, watching as he came walking into the room with breakfast in hand.

A smile fell upon my face as he licked his lips with a smirk.

"Goodmornin', ma." He spoke his deep voice as his light skin shined in the sunlight and I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Goodmorning." I said to him as he handed the bag of food to me.

"I got you some breakfast."

"For me?" I joked, making him smile as he pulled off his hoodie and then took off his shoes.

Afterwards, he got in bed beside me and pulled me to him.

"You gon' give me some?" He asked, looking deeply into my eyes and I nodded slowly.

Opening my food, I used the fork to grab a piece of the French toast and he opened his mouth, letting me feed him. We continued doing this a while as we ate together and he held me in his arms. I was simply enjoying this time and he was obviously enjoying mine.

"Damn, I should've got me some." He scoffed, realizing the food was really good.

"Why didn't you dummy?" I spoke playfully, shoving more food into my mouth and he shrugged.

"I don't know. I was rushing." He said, laying his head down on my stomach while I continued to enjoy my food.

He laid like that for about fifth-teen minutes before he fell asleep completely. His light snores filled the room as he held onto me tight. I was finished my food now but I was stuck in his arms so I just laid there, looking up at the ceiling.

I was enjoying this moment. I rarely got to spend time with him like this, every morning he was gone, standing on the corner with Tone and Kann then I had work so I didn't see him until around 6-7 at night. But now things were different, things were changing.

He was home. With me and our baby.

Smiling to myself, I heard my phone buzzing and I tried my best to grab it but it stopped vibrating before I could.

I looked down at the screen, seeing that it was Mila calling again and I made a mental note to call her back since I figured it was important. Breaking me away from my thoughts, I felt Abir stirring in his sleep before he cleared his throat.

"Wake up." I spoke softly, running my hands through his hair as he lifted his head and left small pecks on my stomach.

"I'm up, baby." He spoke groggily, laying his head back down on my stomach, getting comfortable again.

When he did, I let him fall back to sleep as my phone buzzed again and this time it was a message.

Fav cousin👯‍♀️: GG, wya? I gotta tell you something.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I sent a quick text back asking her what it is that she wanted. Before I could even put my phone down, she'd texted me back.

Fav cousin👯‍♀️: Girl Abir was on the corner with Poodie, Tone, Kann and Chaz this morning.

"What?" I said out loud, looking down at Abir now as he slept peacefully and I sat there trying not to jump to conclusions.

I didn't say he had to stay away from them, those were his friends. As long as he wasn't involved in the gang related things or selling drugs, I didn't mind.

Fav cousin👯‍♀️: I'm only telling you because you're my cousin and he seemed dodgy like he wasn't trying to be seen.

Sending a thank you back to her, I locked my phone and began running my finger through his hair again. I wasn't mad or anything and I was glad to have eyes out there but I trusted Abir.

I trust that he wouldn't lie to me.

*